Jacobs China Limited’s consultancy services offered include feasibility studies, investigation, design, contract administration and site supervision of all areas of civil, highway, railway, geotechnical and building engineering. Other services include asset management and risk assessment, building surveying and structural maintenance, quality assurance, conservation and restoration, project management and forensic engineering.
We are the listed a Building Services Consultant in Architectural and Associated Consultants Selection Board (AACSB) and Electrical and Mechanical Consultant in Engineering and Associated Consultants Selection Board (EACSB) of Hong Kong Government and MEP specialist in major infrastructure projects (e.g. Hong Kong Section of the Express Rail Link (XRL), Sludge Treatment Facility T-Park., DSD/WSD Pump Station, Electricity Power Plant).
• Familiar with local design code for plumbing and drainage design for BD and ArchSD Submission.
• Willing to learn \ accept opportunity for innovative design with strong theoretical knowledge for non-standard design for DSD and WSD will be an advantage
• Design and install plumbing and drainage installation to meet client’s requirements in both large and small projects.
• Consultation on plumbing drainage design for projects, and work with other engineers, project managers, and construction professionals as needed to create and/or modify the design parameters.
• Develop and oversee all aspects of installation including building potable/flushing water system, , selection of equipment, installation method, testing, and implementation of products and systems.
• Good communication skill in understanding clients’ requirements in the areas of project goals, design specifications, and operational environments in order to evaluate cost and implementation of new and existing plumbing and drainage system.
• Prepare and submit detailed bids outlining the costs and timelines for the projects.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Job Skills & Qualifications
• Degree in Building Services, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
• Experience in plumbing & drainage/public health for either government, commercial, residential, institutional, industrial or infrastructure projects
• Engineering design and site supervision experience gained in Hong Kong. With overseas projects experience, it will be an advantage.
• Familiar with design guidelines, standards, code of practice, local statutory regulation, submission and approval procedures to relevant authorities
• Self-motivated, flexible and proactive individual who is capable to work in multi-cultural dynamic environment and engineers/architects in multi-disciplines
• Be adaptable and able to work independently coupled with strong interpersonal skills
• Proficient in both written and spoken English and Chinese.
• Corporate membership of relevant professional institution will be an advantage
Candidates with less experience will be considered for the position of Assistant Engineer.
At Jacob we value people. Having the right balance of diversity, career and lifestyle enable us to consistently deliver and exceed clients’ expectations.
Working alongside industry leaders, you will have the opportunity to develop your career working on key projects in an environment which encourages collaboration, knowledge sharing and innovation. To support your professional growth, Jacobs flexible working arrangements, extended leave options and a host of social, health and wellbeing events and initiatives will underpin our commitment to you. At Jacobs, it’s all about what you do, not where you are, which counts!