Jacobs China Limited’s consultancy services offered include feasibility studies, investigation, design, contract administration and site supervision of all areas of civil, highway, railway, geotechnical and building engineering. Other services include asset management and risk assessment, building surveying and structural maintenance, quality assurance, conservation and restoration, project management and forensic engineering.
We are the listed a Building Services Consultant in Architectural and Associated Consultants Selection Board (AACSB) and Electrical and Mechanical Consultant in Engineering and Associated Consultants Selection Board (EACSB) of Hong Kong Government and MEP specialist in major infrastructure projects (e.g. Hong Kong Section of the Express Rail Link (XRL), Sludge Treatment Facility (T-Park), DSD/WSD Pump Station, Electricity Power Plant).
- Familiar with local design code for Electrical design for CLP and HEC Submission for Transformer and Power Supply.
- Willing to learn \ accept opportunity for creative design with strong theoretical knowledge for non-standard design for critical facilities and infrastructure projects .
- Design and install electrical and ELV installation to meet client’s requirements in both large and small projects.
- Consultation on electrical design for a wide range of projects, and work with other engineers, project managers, and construction professionals as needed to create and/or modify the design parameters.
- Develop and oversee all aspects of installation including electrical installation , distribution system in indoor/outdoor environment, lightning protection, Lighting Design, Highway Road Lighting design, ELV system, selection of equipment, installation method, testing, and implementation of products and systems.
- Analyze electrical and ELV systems and equipment when necessary to identify any inefficiencies or malfunctions and come up with solutions to optimize the performance and increase the efficiency of the operation.
- Review testing procedures and control equipment to accurately assess products and identify areas that require modification and further testing.
- Excellent communication skill in understanding clients’ requirements in the areas of project goals, design specifications, and operational environments in order to evaluate cost and implementation of new and existing electrical installations.
- Prepare and submit detailed bids outlining the costs and timelines for the projects. Serve as project leader to coordinate with project managers, engineers, drafters, and manufacturing personnel during all projec phases.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Job Skills Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in building services/ electrical engineering with solid work experience in the electrical ELV installations.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Punctual and able to meet deadlines
- Excellent command in spoken and written in English and Chinese for oversea offices and specialist suppliers
- Ability to perform the Electrical Loading Estimation and Fault/ Discrimination Calculation for the system.
- Ability to perform design with AutoCad.
- Experience with 3D Modeling programs such as BIM would be an advantage
- Possession of BEAM Pro in the Hong Kong Green Building Council or Registered Energy Auditor would be an advantage
- Possession of Cooperated Member of Hong Kong Institution of Engineers or equal would be an advantage.
Candidates have less experiences, they might be considered as an Assistant Electrical Engineer.
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to motivating a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what guides you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.