Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we’re helping our clients innovate and grow by designing, engineering, and executing the construction of their various facilities that are changing our world.
Our talented experts create exceptional spaces across the world through our creative blending of human need, environmental stewardship, value creation, science and art. We believe that built environments should reflect the context, history, cultures, communities, and the natural environment while incorporating advances in technology.
We would like to welcome you to be part of our Engineering team in Singapore. Main duties
- Oversee all electrical matters from conceptual, to design and the implementation stage of the projects.
- Perform LT and HT electrical systems design including lighting system, generator sizing, earthing and lightning protection systems.
- Responsible for developing technical and design report, cost estimate, preparing tender specifications and drawings, tender evaluation, project implementation, testing and commissioning.
- Ensure that consistent quality standards and conformance with design plan and specifications are maintained across the project.
- Liaise, coordinate, and resolve relevant technical issues with other disciplines and manage Client expectations.
- Provide technical guidance and support to site supervision staff on reviewing the design calculation and shop drawing submittals.
- Provide design support to the site supervision staff during construction, commissioning, and defects liability period.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
To be a successful candidate, you shall possess:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering recognized by Professional Engineer Board Singapore.
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience in design and construction of large infrastructure projects preferably in the used water and/or water treatment plant.
- Professional Engineer (PE) registered would be an added advantage.
- Registered with EMA as an LEW, SCEM or SGBC would be an added advantage.
- Conversant with the relevant local code of practices and regulations.
- Experience in the substation and electrical systems design of a used water or water treatment plant.
- Familiar with green or PV system, extra low voltage and building services systems would be an added advantage.
- Experience with engineering software such as ETAP and SKM.
- Experience working with AutoCad, BIM and 3D models.
- Good interpersonal and communication skill.
- Team player, self-motivated and able to work independently.
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.
Jacobs complies with the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices (TGFEP), including the prevailing guidelines on recruitment. All qualified applicants will be considered for the position regardless of age, race, religion, language, nationality, marital status, or family responsibilities.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.