Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we know that when it comes to a world that’s smarter, more connected and more sustainable, digital solutions are an important thread linking it all together.
In our digital advisory work, we’re leveraging innovative technologies and big data analytics to solve the world’s most critical challenges. From shaping the safer cities of tomorrow, to protecting against climate change – we’re combining diverse talents with deep client-application experience and digital intelligence to deliver solutions that connect people and places with the means to work smarter and live better, and make an enduring, positive difference in the world.
We are seeking to recruit Senior Electrical Engineer (P.E.) to join our team in Taiwan office. The team will work on both local and cross region Electronic projects.
- Serve as Electrical Discipline Lead for large advanced technology and data center projects, and take leadership on electrical HV/LV/LSS related code compliance, design development, allocated design budget and assigned design team.
- Designing large projects, preparing technical reports, specifications, value engineering and undertaking technical investigation studies (i.e. discrimination studies, arc flash hazard analyses, site selection and due diligence exercises).
- Support the Project Manager and Design Manager in the overall design development, meeting with Client, Consultant, Contractors and any other external party, and take leadership on the HV/LV/LSS related code compliance and design matter.
- Coordinate with other design disciplines such as Electrical, Structural, Civil, Mechanical, Instrumentation & Controls. Manage assigned design team, in-house low-cost design centre (ie, in other country) and other external design partner/partners.
- Prepare tender documents, evaluate, recommend and support the tender award. Participate in the QA/QC process, milestone design review and inter-discipline cross-checking. Review and comment on Contractor RFIs, material submissions, shop drawings and support project & construction management teams.
- Support on permitting liaison, submission, clarification and any other permitting needs with Power Bureau
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- BEng or BSc in Electrical Engineering.
- Professional Engineer and willingness to be registered for design submission to Taiwan Authority Membership of a professional body in Taiwan Uptime Institute ATD would be advantageous.
- 8 years’ experience working in a design consultancy environmental. Data Centre experience is essential.
- Proficiency with Taiwan Code and other international code. Strong experience in Power Sub-Station design, ie very high voltage Knowledge of SKM, E-Tap or Amtech software packages.
- Experience with the technical requirements of Uptime, TIA and BICSI guidelines.
- Experience in liaison with Power Bureau and permitting requirements Revit and AutoCAD experience.
- Sound knowledge of key Environment, Health and Safety issues and legislation in Taiwan.
- Ability lead and manage assigned team, external consultant and cross disciplines coordination Good communication skills to understand of Client’s needs and cross-discipline needs.
- Bilingual in writing and communication, ie English and Chinese. Flexibility to travel to meet project needs, ie within Taiwan and out of Taiwan.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. It’s a great time to join Jacobs.
Apply online by clicking on the link below.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.