Experian is the world’s leading global information services company. During life’s big moments — from buying a home or a car to sending a child to college to growing a business by connecting with new customers — we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence. We help individuals to take financial control and access financial services, businesses to make smarter decisions and thrive, lenders to lend more responsibly, and organizations to prevent identity fraud and crime.
We have 17,800 people operating across 44 countries, and every day we’re investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation to help all our clients maximize every opportunity. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange (EXPN) and are a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index.
Senior Developer (C#.NET)
As a Senior Developer you will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining software programs in accordance to requirements and specifications, established or defined quality and performance standards, and within delivery timelines. You may be expected to lead a small team of Developers to work on development projects. The technologies that you will be working with to develop software programs include but not limited to ADO.NET, Entity Framework, the ASP.NET MVC Framework, Windows Communication Foundation (WCF), RESTful API and Azure.
What you’ll be doing
- To develop and maintain software programs:
- According to requirements and specifications.
- Within established or defined quality and performance standards.
- Within agreed upon delivery timelines.
- If required, to lead a small team of Developers to work on development projects.
- Participate in consultation with Development Leads in estimating effort for work assigned.
- Participate in initiatives that improve processes and/or procedures that contribute to performance effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Communicate work progress and all (work related) pertinent information in an accurate and timely manner to the Development Leads.
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
More about you
- Significant commercial software development experience in C#.Net and have worked with the following: -
- Creating Web Services and RESTful services with Web API
- Working with Reactive Extensions (Rx)
- Software as a Service (SaaS) platforms, Azure or AWS.
- Working knowledge in one of the following would be an advantage: -
- Linux (Usage and Administration)
- Integrating applications with Entitlement, Reporting and Billing components etc.
- Using jMeter and Visual Studio Enterprise for performance and automated testing of Web Services
- Experience (or strong interest in working) with large and disparate data set.
- Possess a Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of working experience in a commercial software development environment with at least the last 2 years in a senior technical position.
- Proven commercial experience in the software development lifecycle. Experience in Scrum would be an advantage.
- Positive and professional approach at all times.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Initiative and ability to demonstrate a pro-active approach to tasks.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Ability to empathise with the customer’s viewpoint when designing and developing software
Experian doesn't just encourage inclusion -- we celebrate it. It's what we call The Power of YOU. We are building a culture where everyone is comfortable bringing their whole self to work. A place where we not only respect our differences and values, but celebrate them in a positive and supportive environment.