Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) advances the way people live and work. We bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
The Finance team at HPE provides world class decision support driving profitable growth and exceptional shareholder value through our commitment to operational excellence, people development, and innovation. We provide accurate and timely financial information meeting the company’s regulatory and fiduciary responsibilities with unwavering integrity. Our objective is to display all business activities in a financially correct and transparent manner.
The successful candidate will be:
- Responsible to directly support bid teams in the financial strategy, financial evaluation, risk assessment, pricing and negotiation required to win large profitable engagements.
- Expected to maintain independence in all financial matters related to the engagements and ensure that SOAR approvers have a full and open view of the relevant facts & assumptions underlying the engagements financial plan.
In a typical day as a Senior Deal Pricing Analyst, you would:
- Perform financial analysis for Pre-sales/Pursuit/Sales team
- Advise team on revenue impact of work
- Provide input into pricing strategy
- Question assumptions of team
- Be knowledgeable about the different components of a solution to know what the revenue drivers are
- Different scenarios simulation
- Make assumptions, documentation and validation
- Act as a consultant for pre-sales, sales and accounts team
- Share knowledge and documentation (transfer, communication with counterparts)
- Consult and provide required documentation to the Solution Opportunity Approval Review (SOAR) process.
- Participate in Project Reviews and validates project financial, and commercial T&Cs status
- Establish positive working relationships with the customer team, to get the best understanding of the existing cost structure possible
- Assess and quantify risk
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics or engineering; advanced degree or accounting certification, e.g. Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Master of Business Administration (MBA) preferred
- Typically 6+ years of experience as a financial analyst & pricing
- Typically experienced in more than one finance function
- Ability to write and speak in Mandarin preferred
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis, with advanced knowledge in one area
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel)
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Great teamwork skills
- Strong business acumen
- Good project management skills
- Good presentation skills
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and revenue recognition policy or negotiation Contracting practices and government regulations
- Business and customer oriented Team player with ability to form alliances across boundaries
Join us and make your mark!
- A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
- Diverse and dynamic work environment
- Work-life balance and support for career development
- An amazing life inside the element!
Want to know more about it? Then let’s stay connected!
HPE is an equal opportunity employer/Female/Minority/Individual with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Status