Who are we?
Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 200+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 26 countries spanning five continents.
Joining our operations team means that you will be at the forefront of all we do, maintaining critical facilities infrastructure as part of a close-knit team delivering best in class service to our data center customers. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
Provides support to security system design and uses expertise to recommend system modifications.
- Racks and stacks customer equipment
- Reads installation plans (Visio Drawings / Spreadsheets) and implements installation accordingly
- Determines work priorities from the Oracle queue and ensures adherence to all commit times
- Troubleshoots switched / multiplexed / media converted circuits; escalates to, and works with networking group, as needed
- Installs/tests/modifies cross connects per SOPs and ensures proper cable management of: coax, fiber, twisted pair copper, and intra-building cross connects
- Installs and tests advanced cross connects circuits (switched, multiplexed, etc.)
- Maintains detailed written records of all work activity
- Leads advanced installations; provides input and identifies problems with drawings, and assists with verification of custom projects
- May provide training to others on operations procedures and basic safety
- Identifies site specific safety issues and integrates into training
- Supports customer satisfaction through timely and precise order execution and quality assurance checks
- 5+ years experience
- Diploma in any relevant field
- BERT and SONET test equipment