Aon's Center for Innovation & Analytics (ACIA) is currently recruiting a Senior Data & Reporting Analyst to join our Health Analytics team in Singapore.
Aon’s Centers for Innovation and Analytics are at the heart of delivering Aon’s Data & Analytic Services team’s mission to:
Accelerate the rate of innovation through digital solutions to help better respond to clients’ evolving needs
Provide foundational data and analytics capabilities in one place for 50,000 Aon colleagues and our global clients who use our risk and people solutions
Established in 2012, there are over 150 colleagues in Singapore’s Centre today including actuaries, software developers, data scientists, financial analysts and accountants. We are expanding rapidly and looking for dedicated individuals who can leverage emerging technologies and collaborate across Aon’s solution lines to help clients and colleagues make better, data-driven decisions today and tomorrow.
- Be part of a dynamic team focused on healthcare data and innovation initiatives
- Collaborate with a team of experienced actuaries, data engineers, developers and business experts to deliver on Aon’s data, analytics and reporting capabilities
- Work with large health claims and risk datasets such as eligibility data, medical claims and prescription drug claims data from multiple sources
- Develop a detailed understanding of medical claims reporting and billing for inpatient and outpatient procedures at a DRG, procedure code/CPT level
- Work on cutting edge data analytics tools and build full stack pipelines in R/Python for data ingestion, cleaning and preparation with proper version control
- Build statistical and machine learning models to analyse healthcare costs, utilization and major drivers
- Partner with business experts to enrich the data and find meaningful relationships/insights that can be applied towards actionable solutions
- Prepare consulting deliverables and dashboards with the use of charts, visualization tools and reporting automation to communicate end-results of technical analyses to a non-technical audience
- Assist client teams and actuaries with ad-hoc data related requests by producing reports
- Work on multiple projects and manage timelines, milestones and delivery efficiently
- Problem solve complex issues and work to create elegant, simplified solutions
- Implement automation wherever possible to streamline the process, minimizing the need for manual intervention
- Develop and implement an automated data validation and quality control mechanism into downstream analytics and reporting
- BS or MS degree in actuarial science, mathematics, computer science or other related field
- Coursework or related certifications in data science, statistics or machine learning is a plus
- 4-6 years of experience in the health and benefits ecosystem at a data warehouse, consulting firm, health insurance carrier or health analytics team
- Experience working with large health claims datasets
- Strong working knowledge writing SQL queries and scripting languages (e.g. R, Python, ggplot2)
- Strong presentation and communication skills and ability to convey technical analyses and information in a clear and concise manner to a wide variety of stakeholders
- Experience building and designing creative and scalable solutions and dashboards in data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, and vendor-specific data warehouse reporting systems)
- Experience in data cleansing, exploratory analysis and predictive analytics
- Good applied statistics skills such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Understand the importance of performance and able to implement best practices in ensuring performance and maintainability for data-centric projects
- Knowledge of Agile Scrum and Continuous Delivery practices is desirable
- Quick and eager student of new technologies as and when they are needed
We Offer You
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to creating a winning and inclusive culture where everyone feels valued and has opportunities for growth and development.