Aon is currently recruiting a Senior Data Analyst to join our team in Singapore.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
At Aon, you’ll be part of a team which will support and inspire you and provide the opportunities and resources to develop your skills. It’s an environment which encourages you to achieve your best - together we’ll empower results.
Aon’s Centers for Innovation and Analytics in Dublin and Singapore are the cornerstone of Aon’s $350M global investment in analytics. The ACIAs deliver data-driven insights to clients by leveraging our unmatched data capabilities across both risk and people solutions. Established in 2012, there are over 100 colleagues employed by ACIA Singapore today, with rapid growth planned over the next few years. The team currently includes actuaries, computer programmers, data scientists, financial analysts and accountants. Through their concerted effort the ACIAs build best in class analytic insights and capabilities to better serve clients and colleagues globally.
The Innovation Center is growing rapidly, with new ideas continually forming. We are looking for dedicated individuals to brainstorm exciting and new strategic opportunities, and quickly build working prototypes to transform those ideas into reality.
The successful candidate will be part of the Client Solutions team based in Singapore, a dynamic and high-energy team, delivering data-driven insights to our leaders to drive performance and support strategic decision making.
- Lead the development and/or improvement of analytic models through design, testing and implementation to improve scalability, efficiency and accelerate delivery of insights
- Develop clear and well-structured analytical approach on datasets to generate commercial insights
- Improve end-to-end data flow and model process to enable alignment across different analytic models, methodology and process, and improve consistency in model results.
- Guide team members on the delivery of analytics-based tools and analyses, and drive cross-collaboration and execution of projects across different parts of the team (data engineers, developers and business partners).
- Perform data exploration and analysis on unstructured data sets to problem solve for data issues or gaps
- Work closely with senior consultants and other internal stakeholders to support reporting needs through BI tools and deliver value-added insights to support senior management in strategic decision-making
- Collaborate with cross-functional data analytics colleagues to improve Aon’s internal data analytics service platform tools
- Execute and deliver analytical models, including data normalization, aggregation, analysis and validation of model assumptions and results
- Assist in data cleaning, collation, processing and evaluation of information gathered from multiple sources
- Other duties assigned
- Degree in Statistics / Analytics / Mathematics / Computer Science and minimum 5 - 7 years of workings experience in related field
- Proficient in Python, SQL and R to perform data querying, executing data models and conducting data analysis
- Proficient in statistical analysis (hypothesis development, testing, regression) and experience with building scalable analytic models, reporting pipelines, with Python preferably
- Experience with visualization tools (e.g. PowerBI /Tableau) is a plus
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, demonstrates structured and logical thinking to problem solving
- Passionate about learning, driving continuous improvement and open to new ideas
- Ability to take initiative in an unstructured environment, demonstrating a bias towards action and high attention to detail
- Demonstrates good communication abilities as an integral part of a team
- Self- motivated, responsible, and able to work independently
How to Apply
Your opportunity to empower results could start right here. Make your mark and apply online today with a brief covering letter and your resume, sharing relevant achievements for this position.
We Offer You
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to creating a winning and inclusive culture where everyone feels valued and has opportunities for growth and development.