Aon is currently recruiting a Senior Data Analyst (Data Visualization) to join our team in Singapore.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
At Aon, you’ll be part of a team which will support and inspire you and provide the opportunities and resources to develop your skills. It’s an environment which encourages you to achieve your best - together we’ll empower results.
Aon’s breadth of product offerings and global reach give us massive access to data and information, which in turn provides a unique opportunity to innovate and build and differentiating solutions for clients. But for Aon to capitalize on these opportunities, it requires a globally coordinated effort, an effort that the Aon Centre for Innovation and Analytics (ACIA) in Singapore is heavily investing towards.
We are seeking a data analyst who is a team player and extremely keen in pushing themselves to learn new skills on the job or off the job. The right individual for this role will need to have a meticulous eye for data and appreciates the process of understanding, wrangling and visualizing data. This person will work with a team of experienced actuarial analysts, developers and business resources to analyse data from its raw form, make sense of what should be its final form and from that, deliver insightful analytics to the users. With the focus on data visualization, this individual would be directed towards being an expert in the delivery of insights from the data analysis. In addition to playing the main data analyst role and being the glue between the data and the business, this individual will harness their technical expertise to wrangle and digest the data, as well as crafting a story from the data in meaningful visualizations to the business.
In this role, you will have an opportunity to work with newer modern technologies as well as tried and tested traditional technologies in the data ingestion/wrangling/storage toolchain as well as mainstream BI visualization tools. In addition to the hands-on opportunities, this is a role that will be part of the talent growth strategy of Aon. Being successful in this role would lead to technical and people leadership opportunities in the future.
- Communicate with the business as well as technical stakeholders to make sense of the data and to provide own perspective to assist the business.
- Understand the data mapping and transformations that would be involved for end-to-end data flows from raw data to final consumable layer in the database.
- Data modelling and data wrangling - to be able to organize data at both macro and micro level and provide logical data models for the consuming visualizations.
- Data visualization – Responsible for designing and delivering visualizations that present key insights derived from the data analysis
- Understand importance of speed performance of visualizations and how data modelling and visualization design impact it.
- Have an eye for aesthetics and good user experience design
- In addition to delivery of new projects, assist in support and enhancements of existing data projects and visualizations
- Fluent in SQL and have in-depth hands-on knowledge with SQL with a relational database system or data warehouse
- Deep working experience in handling and wrangling of data using analytical tools (eg. Excel)
- Data modelling experience for analytical/reporting systems
- Able to conceptualize the processes and steps of what is required from the business all the way to implementing the data mapping/transformation processes from source to a target data model
- Good experience with visualization tools such as PowerBI or Tableau
- Understand the importance of performance and able to implement best practices in ensuring performance and maintainability for data and visualization projects
- This person is required to be dynamic and be a quick eager learner as knowledge about new technologies will need to be acquired on the spot
- Have a strong interest in data visualization and the art of delivery of insights to the end user
Nice to haves:
- Data engineering experience in creating ETL/ELT data pipelines
- Experience in a programming language (eg.Python ,C#) is a an advantage
How to Apply
Your opportunity to empower results could start right here. Make your mark and apply online today with a brief covering letter and your resume, sharing relevant achievements for this position.
We Offer You
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to creating a winning and inclusive culture where everyone feels valued and has opportunities for growth and development.