Who are we?
Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 210 data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
At Equinix, we help the world’s digital leaders scale with agility, speed the launch of digital services, deliver world-class experiences, and transform people’s lives. Our culture is based on collaboration and the growth and development of our teams.
We hire hardworking people who thrive on solving challenging problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, and try new approaches, as we grow our product portfolio with new software and network architecture solutions. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. That is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
We are looking for a Senior Customer Engineer to join our Customer Engineering team. As a key member of our global customer-facing team, you will work across the teams of System Admin, Site Reliability Engineers, and Network experts and drive outcomes using our platform. You will act as a technical partner to our customers, supporting to accelerate their efforts to build solutions on Equinix Metal platform.
You will need to draw upon your extensive experience with networking, systems administration, DevOps and cloud API’s. The ideal candidate will have a strong infrastructure background and cloud-native technologies such as Kubernetes and solid troubleshooting and communication skills.
If it sounds like you, join us and play a key part in establishing Equinix at the forefront of developer-led infrastructure!
- Provide technical support to Equinix Metal customers through a variety of platforms such as Email/tickets, Live chat, Private and public Slack channels, Zoom (working sessions)
- Responsibility for queue sanitation, ticket triaging, troubleshooting and resolution.
- Follow-up with customers and relevant stakeholders throughout Equinix Metal.
- Be an expert resource on Equinix Metal:
- Ensure familiarity with all aspects of the Equinix Metal platform.
- Constantly expand your knowledge of common use cases and deployments.
- Understand and practice with Equinix Metal’s API and related DevOps tools.
- Support customers and operations team members:
- Observe and help to lead incident management protocols.
- Serve as a communication lead as needed during customer-impacting events.
- Provide relevant details to sales, account, product, and operations teams.
- Ensure excellent documentation to enhance self-service
- Provide content and edits to our public facing documentation, including technical guides.
- Provide content and edits to internal documentation to support Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), team training and employee onboarding.
Who You Are:
- You have excellent communication skills.
- You have a background in (and passion for) physical and cloud infrastructure.
- You enjoy helping people succeed and finding solutions to difficult technical challenges.
- You have deep (5+ years) experience with Linux, including L2 and L3 Networking.
- You are familiar with different DevOps tools such as Ansible and Terraform.
- You have experience with various public and hybrid clouds (AWS, GCP, Openstack)
- You are familiar with incident management.
- You are a natural leader, helping to educate and develop those around you.
- You are willing to work on a holiday and rotational shift.
Critical Success Factors:
- Demonstrate a balance of humility and ambition
- Curious about technology and solving customer problems
- Excellent communication skills (written English)
Our Core Values
At Equinix, we put customers at the center of everything, and we don’t compromise on our values:
- Open Your Heart, Open Your Mind
- Put We Before Me
- Speak Up, Step Up
- Keep Your Promises
- Be an Energy Supplier
- Find a Better Way
- Serve Others
- Keep Growing
Learn more about our purpose, culture, and values here.