Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital, cloud and advisory services, industry solutions and design-led experiences across the Microsoft ecosystem. Every day, our 56,000 professionals in 26 countries make a genuine human impact for our clients, their employees and their customers.
We have been recognized as Microsoft’s Global SI Partner of the Year more than any other company. With the most Microsoft certifications (60,000+) and 18 (out of 18) Gold-level Microsoft competencies, we are uniquely positioned to help businesses grow and solve their toughest challenges.
We are a people first company, committed to providing an inclusive workplace where employees feel comfortable being their authentic selves. As a responsible business, we are building a sustainable world and helping young people from underrepresented communities fulfil their potential.
Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation.
As a Data Architect at Avanade, you will use comprehensive modern data engineering techniques and methods with Advanced Analytics to support business decisions for Avanade clients.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Responsible for data lake design and providing technical direction to data engineers, data analysts, data integration developers, and database administrators.
- Provide input, monitor, and coordinate the project solution team across infrastructure, technical, and functional workstreams.
- Responsible for the quality assurance of all architecture and design deliverables (e.g., technical documents)
- Responsible for preparing High-Level Design (HLD) document
- Manage and monitor the program activities from Analyze to Deployment Phase
- Manage, highlight, and resolve any design integration risks/issues with relevant business and stakeholder
- Delivery of architectures for transformations and modernizations of enterprise data solutions
- Develop and maintain data warehouse schematics, layouts, architectures, and relational/non-relational databases for data access and Advanced Analytics.
- Manage Data Governance in the enterprise and improve data governance, data quality, and master data practices
- Act as an Advisor for Data Governance processes, frameworks, standards, and architectures
- Travel as needed
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements:
- Minimum 8 years of experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining a large-scale database with a minimum of 3 years in the technical data architect role.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role as Data Architect and turning business use cases and requirements into technical solutions.
- Experience in business processing mapping of data and analytics solutions
- Experience in Big Data management & processing using tools such as Hadoop, Spark
- Experience in Data Transformation using ETL/ELT tools such as AWS Glue, Factory, Talend, EAI
- Experience in database and data warehousing with SQL, NoSQL & RDBMS such as MS SQL, AWS DynamoDB, etc.
- Experience in database query using SQL
- Experience in Cloud Full Stack Resources and Services (Azure, AWS)
- Experience in Data Lake Architecture & Technology (i.e., Object Storage, Unstructured, etc.) and Data Virtualization (Denodo, Actifio, AtScale, Informatica, etc.)
- Knowledge of Master Data Management (MDM) and Data Quality tools and processes
- Experience in Strong team collaboration and working with remote teams.
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Engineer Associate
Preferred Education Background:
- You likely possess a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, or another relevant field. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also suffice.
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
- You likely have about 8+ years of relevant professional experience.