Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 200+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 26 countries spanning five continents.
Joining our operations team means that you will be at the forefront of all we do, maintaining critical facilities infrastructure as part of a close-knit team delivering best in class service to our data center customers. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
- Collaborates with others to maintain data consistency and integrity.
Space Planning & Design
- Builds various/complex Cage-Cabinet design options that respond to customer requirements, Equinix Requirements and physical site constraints
- Improves space utilization to develop the best design solution
- Prepares notional cage-cabinet layouts, area calculations and diagrams for each individual data center and the more sophisticated and larger sites
- Solves various/complex, cross-functional issues that span multiple groups
- Identifies and understands underlying issues
- Understands when and to whom to escalate, but tries to solve problem first
Data & Drawing Management
- Works with site operations to address discrepancies with documentation of facility infrastructure and installation of customer cages
- Ensures that AutoCAD drawings and CapLogix accurately represent existing status of the data center. Identifies and makes corrections as necessary
- Identifies and leads the investigation of complex data issues without support
- Produces drawings and space plans for use by Sales, Site Operation and other teams
- Creates spatial layouts of each customer cage which are used by the other capacity teams for their reviews and by the Sales Engineers and site teams for customer installations
- May supervise others to solve drawing management issues
- Responsible for drawing and inventory preparation, which may be reviewed by manager. This includes creating a numbering plans for new sites, compiling inventory list and preparing the drawings files used to track assignments
- Compiles as-built underground utility drawings as required to create a comprehensive record drawing for each site
- Works with Capacity and/or site engineers to identify power and cooling limitations, discuss potential modifications and develop solutions
- Answers complex inventory-related questions from cross-functional departments
- Ability to engage and capture input from appropriate stakeholders to reach the right solution for the company and the customer
- Coordinates with various departments for the monthly reporting of capacity trends, availability and accuracy of records for the site
Capacity Feasibility & Optimization
- Works with capacity and/or site engineers to identify power and cooling limitations, discuss potential modifications, and develop more complex solutions
- Acts as the first point of contact for the CFR process to ensure that space is being assigned maximizes the value of our data centers by optimizing the efficiency of our space.
- Coaches others to tackle complex problems
- 5+ years experience in mechanical (HVAC) field preferably in data centers
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or Mechanical (HVAC) trade qualifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills and the shown ability to influence and communicate effectively.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Equinix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.