At Jacobs, we push the limits of what’s possible to make the world smarter, more connected and more sustainable. In our life sciences work, that means designing spaces that foster innovation, cultivate collaboration and drive the next great discovery for humanity.
We would like to welcome you to be part of the Life Sciences team in Singapore as a Mechanical Engineer. This is a site-based role, however, depending on the project situation, may be required to work at Jacobs Gateway Office or Work From Home.
- Deliver ACMV related design, including ducting layout, drainage from ACMV related system, airflow diagram, calculation of air volume based on temperature and humidity, room classification in order to determine the correct equipment to be procured, and also understand on the BMS related system interface to the ACMV system, able to provide a write up for a sequence of operation, based on the local and international regulatory standard
- Deliver plumbing and sanitary related design in accordance to the Singapore PUB and NEA
- Deliver Fire Protection related design in accordance to the Singapore SCDF and FM code.
- Handling, managing site engineering queries and clarifications from contractor, answering Request for information, analyzing changes to the original design due to site condition and providing a proposal to mitigate the issue which meets both client requirement and authority requirement
Initial 12-month contract (renewable)
Here’s What You’ll Need:
To be a successful candidate, you shall possess:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in Singapore particularly in Pharmaceutical/Laboratory/ Cleanroom ACMV design;
- Knowledge in ASHRAE, Singapore SCDF regulatory related to ACMV, Singapore Standards related to ACMV system, capable to provide input and recommendation on how to achieve the points required for Green mark
- Experience working with AutoCAD, Autodesk Revit, Bluebeam, Navisworks;
- Strong problem solving and communication skills, ability to think logically and write technical documents with clarity;
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and exercise initiatives;
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.