Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we push the limits of what’s possible to make the world smarter, more connected, and more sustainable. In our transport work, that means designing innovative solutions to move people and goods safely and efficiently across the globe. From rail systems mobilizing accessible transit, to ports linking land and sea – when it comes to connecting the people and places of tomorrow, the future of transport depends on us.
Bring your curiosity, talent for multi-tasking, and extreme attention to detail, and we’ll help you grow, pursue, and fulfill what drives you – so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
As a Senior Bridge Engineer, you will manage and lead in the delivery of bridge, highway, pedestrian and/or railway bridge projects on conceptual design, preliminary design, detailed design, and related tasks. You will work closely with Design Manager, Team Lead Bridges, Engineers, Bridge Drafters within the Bridge team and other technical Engineers, clients, site staff and local authorities.
Your key responsibilities are.
- Perform structural analysis and detailed design for various types of bridges, identify creative and innovative bridge engineering solutions based on client, project and site constraints and specification, prepare technical reports, progress reports and contract documentation
- Provide technical guidance to junior engineers and related stakeholders, provide oversight on project development, perform quality reviews, organize and participate in internal and external project meetings.
- Liaise with authorities, internal and external consultants and stakeholders and ensure consistency in the quality of design deliverables.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- With a Bachelor’s / Master's degree in Civil and/ or structural engineering and Chartered or near chartered structural engineer (MICE or MIStructE) pref. or working toward.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in the management of work in accordance with current health & safety legislations, regulations, and applicable codes of practice and knowledge of all relevant technical standards, legislation and best practices in area of competence
- Experience within a consulting environment delivering civil/structural projects primarily in the Bridges sector with proven ability in the delivery of a technically challenging workload.
Jacobs. A world where you can
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximize your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits, and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture, and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.