Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we push the limits of what’s possible to make the world smarter, more connected and more sustainable. In our transport work, that means designing innovative solutions to move people and goods safely and efficiently across the globe. From rail systems mobilising accessible transit, to ports linking land and sea – when it comes to connecting the people and places of tomorrow, the future of transport depends on us.
Bring your curiosity, talent for multi-tasking, and extreme attention to detail, and we’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what drives you – so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
We are currently growing our Engineering Team in Singapore, where we are seeking a full time Senior Bridges Engineer. This position will work closely with Design Manager, Engineers within the Bridge team and other technical Engineers, clients, site staff and local authorities.manage and lead in the delivery of bridge, highway, pedestrian and/or railway bridge projects on conceptual design, preliminary design, detailed design and related tasks.
- Perform structural analysis and detailed design for various types of bridges.
- Identify creative and innovative bridge engineering solutions based on client, project and site constraints and specification.
- Prepare technical reports, progress reports and contract documentation.
- Provide technical guidance to junior engineers and related stakeholders, provide oversight on project development, and perform quality reviews
- Organise and participate in internal and external project meetings
- Liaise with authorities, internal and external consultants and stakeholders.
- Ensure consistency in the quality of design deliverables.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
To be a successful candidate, you shall possess:
- Minimum Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- Minimum of 8 years structural design experience in bridge structures.
- Experience in hands-on detailed design, design review and project management
- Experience in pre-stressed girder or segmental box girder designs will be an advantage
- Good understanding of HSE regulations and Safety in Design requirements.
- Knowledge of applicable codes and standards along with design software, i.e. Staad Pro, SAM or RM Bridge is required.
- Professional Registered Engineer will be an added advantage.
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.
Jacobs complies with the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices (TGFEP), including the prevailing guidelines on recruitment. All qualified applicants will be considered for the position regardless of age, race, religion, language, nationality, marital status, or family responsibilities.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.