At Jacobs, we push the limits of what’s possible to make the world smarter, more connected and more sustainable. In our transport work, that means designing innovative solutions to move people and goods safely and efficiently across the globe. From rail systems mobilising accessible transit, to ports linking land and sea – when it comes to connecting the people and places of tomorrow, the future of transport depends on us.
Bring your curiosity, talent for multi-tasking, and extreme attention to detail, and we’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what drives you – so we can make big impacts on the world, together
This role is a recognised technical specialist in the application of advanced theory and concepts of Digital Engineering. You will take advantage of new developments and improvements in technology to implement and coordinate BIM workflows and deliverables for major transport infrastructure projects. You will adopt BIM workflows and practices to work collaboratively with other disciplines, taking responsibility for developing design deliverables to agreed quality, time and budget.
Working under the direction of the Digital Engineering Lead, you will work closely with project managers, design managers, project information managers and discipline BIM leads, and inspire them to strive for innovation while maintaining outstanding digital delivery. Coordination of Global Integrated Delivery teams will be a key part of your role. An objective will be to train and develop teams to become proficient in the standards and digital requirements for delivering projects for Queensland Transport clients.
Here's What You'll Need:
- Demonstrated understanding of the design process, co-ordination of work with other design disciplines and the efficient management and delivery of projects within budget, program and quality constraints
- Advanced knowledge of a range of modelling applications (12D,Civil 3D, Revit etc) and CAD skills, with strong knowledge of data transfer between key software packages
- Experienced in the management of Common Data Environments incl ProjectWise and BIM 360
- Experience in a variety of projects – across a range of disciplines, with extensive experience in a specific discipline.
- Decision making – identifies issues, problems and opportunities & chooses appropriate action
- Maintain high work standards, minimise errors and attention to detail
- Work co-operatively and respect others’ opinions to achieve team objectives
- Ability to perform steadily during peak workload and remain calm under pressure
- Understanding of LOI/LOD tables
- Familiar with 4D, producing reports using Navisworks or Syncro
- Familiar with automating repetitive model federation tasks using BIMflow (iConstruct) and/or coding bespoke processes will be an advantage. (Visual Basics, C++, Dynamo) Role Outline/Responsibilities include:
- Setup and support for CAD/BIM systems and documentation of project procedures.
- Coordinate the setup and implementation of the Common Data Environment (ProjectWise, BIM360)
- Manage the coordination of modelling outputs from each discipline.
- Federate models at regular intervals and promote the benefits to the project team. (Revizto, Navisworks)
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally - and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.