A Sales Operations Manager in our world, takes ownership of the end to end bid process to help position Jacobs to win these world defining projects. The best approach and style of our submissions work will form a key part of this role, with a strong emphasis on the quality and presentation of each submission. Autonomy is a given, but the ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines is important to being successful in this environment.
You have a successful track record in completing bids in engineering, professional services or a business to business environment. Your skills include developing account plans, pursuit plans, bid strategy and structure, as well as message creation and presentation development. Relationship building and strong communication is critical for this role - working closely with Subject Matter Experts, Client Account Managers and the Operations team to undertake necessary market research to develop winning value propositions and submissions.
The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
The individual must be creative, confident, collaborative, assertive, a proven exceptional Business English communicator (verbal and written) and extremely organised. S/he will proactively manage and facilitate winning work / sales global and industry best practice in every stage of the sales lifecycle, and plan and deliver submissions geared towards the pursuit and capture of clients and projects through company collateral, client presentation material, pursuit documents, prequalification submissions, expressions of interests, proposals, bids and tenders, and post-tender interview presentations. The successful candidate will have:
- Exceptional planning (project management and delivery) skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills to lead and participate client and sales strategy workshops meetings and build relationships across operational and sales teams
- Understanding of the Buildings and Infrastructure market (US and North America would be preferable)
- People and team management skills
- A degree in engineering, planning, marketing, writing, communications, business or related fields
- Ability to draft, manage, coordinate, write, review, and edit text, graphics, and metrics for sales documents such as proposals, qualifications, and presentation slides.
- Ability to control, maintain and support proposal collaboration tools (SharePoint, Teams) content and use, and manage training
- Lead major/large-scale pursuits in any stage of the Sales/Business Development lifecycle
- Experience with Adobe InDesign is preferable but not required, though a mastery of MS Office is required
- The Jacobs Sales Team drives strategic pursuits and helps build relationships with our key clients. The primary responsibility of the Sales Operations Manager is to support the disciplined application of our Sales Process:
- Ensures compliance of our proposals developed in regional hubs throughout the region. This means checking to ensure that the deliverables meet the requirements as set out in the client brief.
- Acts as a project manager to develop and implement opportunity response plans ie activities, deliverables, owners, milestones
- Gathers company information or conducts internal / external research as appropriate for opportunity response documents and / or strategy development
- Develops and maintains sales qualification materials and supporting information in designated information management or filing systems
- Develops an appropriate network within the company to facilitate the identification and sharing of relevant information, best practices etc. among and between offices
- Coordinating the delivery of proposal submissions including Prequalification Questionnaires and Request for Proposal response documents
- Assist in the identification and monitoring of focus and priority opportunities for the Buildings and Infrastructure line of business
- Proposal preparation, coordination of client strategy meetings
- Conducting client, competitor and market research and analysis
- Managing a team of sales professionals (pursuit/proposal/bid/tender coordinators or professionals)
- Overseeing and proactively contributing to various knowledge management systems and reference tools.
- Ability to travel periodically (domestically and internationally) and occasionally work out of core hours
- Conducts client, competitor and market research as required in support of client and/or opportunity strategy development.
- Collaborates with the designated core client sponsorship team to establish and populate dedicated core client information repositories and supports the development of documented client strategies and related information.
Here's What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Business or any technical / related discipline from a college or university. Significant and relevant job experience and performance may be accepted in lieu of degree level education.
- All metrics described under the key requirements section above
- Quick comprehension and a critical, analytical thinker who connects the dots and comes up with insightful ideas to continually and sustainably win work and clients
- Ability to facilitate teams in developing and maturing fit-for-purpose, client-centric solutions in all submissions and external / outgoing deliverables
- Organized and heightened attention to detail - able to effectively harness others’ strengths and expertise to deliver desired outcomes, working well with all types and levels of people
- Excellent writing and editing skills with an eye towards sales messaging, themes, proposal aesthetics, quality, and content
- Flexibility and capability to work multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Excellent English verbal and written professional communication skills
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally - and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
The role is based in Manila Sheridan Street, 16th Floor, South Tower, Rockwell Business Center Sheridan Sheridan Street, corner United St, Mandaluyong, 1550 Metro Manila, Philippines Sheridan Street cor. United Street Barangay Highway Hills, Mandaluyong City 15500.