Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 210 data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
At Equinix, we help the world’s digital leaders scale with agility, speed the launch of digital services, deliver world-class experiences, and transform people’s lives. Our culture is based on collaboration and the growth and development of our teams.
We hire hardworking people who thrive on solving challenging problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, and try new approaches, as we grow our product portfolio with new software and network architecture solutions. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
About the Role:
The Product Software team at Equinix builds next-generation software products and architecture for our Equinix software platform and services offerings. As a highly skilled automation engineer, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, maintaining, improving automation framework/tools aligning to continuous delivery to certify the portal for production readiness and mitigating quality risks. The frameworks/tools need reliable, scalable, maintainable, and easy-to-use, and supporting portal architecture. A good team player and mentor to current QA members to grow technically within Equinix.
You are passionate about automation to ease our testing efforts within the development cycle and improve quality. Work closely with various organization team members to understand the process, technology, and architecture of the portal and align with automation framework/utilities to implement the organization's testing pyramid.
- 3+ years of experience in test automation
- Proficient in Java/C++, Distributed systems, and Object-Oriented Design
- Worked on automation testing tools e.g. Selenium, QTP, Cypress
- 2+ years in automating API test cases
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) for DevOps.
- Experience working with JIRA, Zephyr, and Jenkins
- Experience with generating quality metrics and reports from manual and automated test runs
- Working knowledge of Cloud technologies and principles
- Knowledge and experience in working with Agile development methodology
- Has a solid understanding of Quality Assurance best practices
- Effective communication and teamwork skills
- Define test automation strategy/solution for microservice-based architecture
- Design and implement automated test frameworks/tools to reduce manual testing effort and mitigate quality risks
- Solid knowledge on driving progress through test metrics
- Define and automate testing/delivery process to implement continuous testing
- Mentor QA team members to become quality automation engineers
- Guide development teams to support automation within agile processes
- Strong knowledge of the latest tools and technologies in automation in UI, API, and infra automation
- Solid understanding of testing within agile processes
- Excellent communication skills to drive other technical teams and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives, develop processes, etc.
- Practical experience of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the entire software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.