Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
- Partner closely with cross functional teams to assess business needs, identify gaps and opportunities to apply data analytics and prioritize actionable, high-impact insights across Treasury and Market Operations (TMO) teams.
- Perform full life-cycle of Data Analyst activities, including conceptualization to operationalization. Provide critical thinking to look at numbers, trends, and data and come to correct conclusions based on the findings.
- Present key findings to senior management and/or other stakeholders with actionable recommendations.
- Define data sources and requirements, design and implement processes and models for complex, large-scale datasets used for predictive modelling, data mining, and research purposes.
- Lead ideation, experimentation, hypotheses formulation and testing
- Use Business Intelligence Tools to design analytics dashboards for management. Develop dashboard visualizations, metrics, KPIs; establishing baselines and targets
- Develop the abilities of data champions and analysts within the TMO teams to mentor, build new capabilities, support/contribute to thought leadership and build out new skills in the creation of high quality models, analytics, and visuals.
- Work with Operations users to rationalize and automate existing reports.
- A university degree or higher in applied statistics, data mining, machine learning, computing or related quantitative discipline.
- Min 5 years relevant working experience
- Proven ability in structured problem solving, process improvement, data-driven analysis and deriving actionable outcomes with large datasets.
- Advanced data analytics and modeling ability with high proficiency in developing applications in Tableau and other business intelligence tools.
- Proficiency in Python or R beyond academic study is a must.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, MS Access required
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, public speaking and ability to articulate with strong presentation skills will be an advantage.
- Experience in working in an Agile environment is an advantage
- Experience in Murex and bank operations preferred but not compulsory.
- Able to multi-task and work under tight deadlines
- A hands-on team player who is able to see the big picture, possesses a can-do attitude and able to handle ambiguity.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.