Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, advanced facilities simplify our everyday lives, enabling technology to connect us. We push the limits of what’s possible to make the world smarter, more connected and more sustainable.
As a senior Architect Professional, you will have the chance to work with a highly creative, in-house multi-disciplinary team dedicated to innovative problem-solving and design excellence. You will support the design of complex facilities and structures for our clients requiring advanced planning and building techniques. Collaborating in our fast-paced environment with other members of our team, you will work in all phases of design, performing conceptual, layout, and detailed design tasks. You will oversee design and construction activities, studies, and various analyses, leading design coordination across architecture and engineering disciplines. With our team you will also have the opportunity to provide technical guidance and supervision to junior team members, helping your team discover what drives them, nurturing their purpose, and guiding them forward.
We are looking for individuals with leadership and expertise. Our projects exceed client expectations because each member of the team takes complete ownership not only of their individual scope, but for their teammates’ needs and for the project as a whole. If you’re up for the challenge, we’ve been looking for someone just like you. Join our team and help us lay the foundation for human progress. Bring your creativity, ambitious spirit, and desire to bring value to your team, and we’ll help you grow, pursue, and fulfill what drives you – so we can deliver extraordinary solutions for a better tomorrow, together.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Competently perform all conventional aspects of Architectural building design without the requirement for supervision:
- Plan and conduct work requiring independent evaluation, selection, and adaptation of project design procedures, and criteria.
- Exercise sound judgement and problem-solving skills, not hesitating to reach out to others for guidance or confirmation when questions arise.
- Possess knowledge of architectural principles and practices, including ability to apply required provisions of the building code.
Exhibit a high level of attention to detail and quality control:
- Committed to checking your own work, reaching out to peers and seniors for guidance when questions arise.
- Perform quality assurance checking of others' work.
Take responsibility for managing workload, make and keep commitments, and take full ownership of assigned work:
- Take ownership of your workload, reliably working to meet schedule, budget, and quality requirements.
- Clearly define you own scope and start to develop your ability to forecast level of effort needed to complete that scope.
- Be ready to identify scope change and escalate it to your Project Lead.
- Work in a timely, accurate, and cost-effective manner with strong attention to detail
Developing leadership skills:
- Provide technical guidance, coaching, and/or mentorship to designers/drafters and emerging professionals.
- Be proactive in advancing workflows, systems, and tools. Embrace emerging technologies.
As a Lead Architect for an assigned project:
- Lead a team of Architects and Designers in the development of specifications, construction drawings, and the architectural model.
- Fully understand all architectural scope, recognize how that scope is both generated and impacted by other disciplines, and identify scope change.
- Develop and manage schedule, budget, and staffing forecasts for architectural scope.
- Attend project meetings and take an active role to help team resolve concerns and solve problems across all disciplines.
- Participate in and champion internal, cross-discipline, and external project quality reviews.
Here's What You'll Need:
Preferably Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture from an accredited Architectural program with professional architecture license.
- Leadership experience motivating, coordinating, and guiding small to medium architecture teams.
- Self-starter personality with the ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Experience delivering projects from concept through detailed design.
- Working knowledge of international building codes (IBC, NFPA 101, etc.) and specifications
- History of developing and monitoring financial and project delivery schedules.
- Established practice of managing and ensuring project quality, and also providing ideas and suggestions aimed at improving the effectiveness of project activities.
- Experience in BIM software (Revit, Navisworks, etc.)
- Proficiency in CAD programs (AutoCAD, MicroStation, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point programs.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Complex building design experience (Hospitals, Commercial Malls, etc.)
- General industrial building design experience
- Exposure to LEED and sustainability technologies.
- Open to travel and foreign work assignments
Jacobs. A world where you can.