Aon is currently recruiting a Senior Developer to join our Center for Innovation & Analytics (ACIA) in Singapore.
Aon’s Centers for Innovation and Analytics in Dublin and Singapore are at the heart of delivering Aon’s Data & Analytic Services team’s mission to:
- accelerate the rate of innovation through digital solutions to help better respond to clients’ evolving needs
- provide foundational data and analytics capabilities in one place for 50,000 Aon colleagues and our global clients who use our risk and people solutions
Established in 2012, there are over 100 colleagues in Singapore’s Centre today including actuaries, software developers, data scientists, financial analysts and accountants. We are expanding rapidly and looking for dedicated individuals who can leverage emerging technologies and collaborate across Aon’s solution lines to help clients and colleagues make better, data-driven decisions today and tomorrow.
The Innovation Center is growing rapidly, with new ideas continually forming. We are looking for dedicated individuals to brainstorm exciting and new strategic opportunities, and quickly build working prototypes to transform those ideas into reality.
- Play a crucial part in developing the next generation of tools used by the Client Solutions team; specifically focused on two areas:
- Tools that allows our sales colleagues to plan their growth strategy better
- Tools that will enable our account owners to manage their accounts better
- An excellent opportunity for someone aiming to apply their skills as a Senior Software Engineer through:
- Working independently in partnership with business users
- Building end-to-end solutions
- Use the latest technologies and use best practices in web applications
- Collaborate with experienced full-stack developers, data engineers and data analyst
- Development Stack:
- ReactJS, WebApi with EntityFramewok, SQL Server, Git, Bitbucket, TeamCity, Octopus
- Maintain current applications (front-end and back-end) and applications' databases
- Enhance existing applications by identifying opportunities for improvement and bug fixing
- Migrate existing applications to the latest ACIA standards (Microsites and Aon Style Guide)
- Contribute and maintain internal UI libraries
- Design, build and test new applications
- Be responsible for planning, creating, testing and deploying applications
- Maintain, extend and create applications and databases documentation
- Promote and adhere to ACIA policies and Development standards and best practices
- Explore and keep updated with new technologies
- Understand business logic related to data and the applications, and
- Be involved in requirements gathering with analytics partners of the team
- Support developers, data engineers, data analysts and business analytics partners of the team
- Collaborate with developers and colleagues in ACIA
- 6 years of professional experience in Single Page Application with React.JS
- 4 years of professional experience with Server-Side technologies (WebAPI/.NET Core)
- Proficiency and professional experience in troubleshooting software issues and debugging
- Attention to detail and desire to probe further into data sets
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal
- Keen interest to learn new technologies
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience with the following is a plus
- Database systems such as SQL Server
- Version-control systems (Git/SVN)
- CI\CD Tools (Bitbucket, TeamCity, Octopus/GitLab)
- ETL Tools (SSIS)
How to Apply
Your opportunity to empower results could start right here. Make your mark and apply online today with a brief covering letter and your resume, sharing relevant achievements for this position.
We Offer You
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to creating a winning and inclusive culture where everyone feels valued and has opportunities for growth and development.