Experian is the world’s leading global information services company. During life’s big moments — from buying a home or a car to sending a child to college to growing a business by connecting with new customers — we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence. We help individuals to take financial control and access financial services, businesses to make smarter decisions and thrive, lenders to lend more responsibly, and organizations to prevent identity fraud and crime.
We have 17,800 people operating across 44 countries, and every day we’re investing in new technologies, talented people and innovation to help all our clients maximize every opportunity. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange (EXPN) and are a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index.
We are looking for a Senior Anaytics Consultant to join MCI Experian. This role is responsible for growing and managing analytics business in South Korea. You will work directly with clients to manage deliveries alongside analytics team members. This will involve managing multiple and complex Analytics Consulting engagements from concept to implementation on time, within budget and in line with client expectations.
The role sits within our Decision Analytics business, one of our four Global Business Lines. Experian Decision Analytics help our clients achieve and sustain significant growth. We do this by enabling clients to make analytics-based customer decisions that support their strategic goals. As experts in uniting business understanding with consumer and business information, analytics and strategy execution, we empower clients to optimize customer value and actively manage it over time. This role therefore has clear accountability for creating measurable value within our client organizations.
What you’ll be doing
1. Client business development and pre sales
- Lead the analytics business development planning for South Korea Market in line with the APAC Strategic Plan
- Work with Sales team to prepare execution of the business development plan and participate as well as monitor progress. Participate in pre-sales activities to engage with clients, understand their requirements and propose an appropriate analytical solution.
- Launch Analytics and Consulting propositions relevant for South Korea for delivering client value.
- Manage the client engagement on-site while work with offshore teams within Experian to deliver projects. This would also involve translation of client requirements, key deliverables and other related documents from English to Korean and vice-versa.
- Persuasive communication skills, strong in maintaining and developing new client relationships. Flexible to travel to client locations on short notice for project delivery/pre-sales (75%- 25%).
2. Analytics Delivery Engagements
- Manage the delivery of multiple, complex analytics engagements in Korea from inception to completion within the stipulated timelines while adhering to Experian delivery standards.
- Flexible and have the expertise to perform hands-on modelling work.
- Drive high standards of customer service and proactive client communication throughout the project term
- Help in resource planning for projects in pipeline.
- Proactively communicate project status and deliverables through the life of the project
- Ensure issues raised by the client are resolved in a timely and efficient manner
- Support the client through the project, providing guidance through project design to implementation
- Ensuring high NPS for repeat client engagements and building a sustainable consulting franchise
3. Capability Development
- Contribute to growing analytics knowledge in the team by participating in the Communities of Practice Knowledge management program, contributing and leveraging regional analytics knowledge repositories.
- Mentor and coach junior team members in model development process
- Develop industry best practice model development/validation frameworks
- Post graduate degree or equivalent standard, with a high numeric content e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Operational Research, Economics, Physical Sciences.
- 10+ years of experience in credit risk modelling, loss forecasting and analytics consulting for financial institutions.
- Experience in model development using advanced analytical techniques like machine learning and optimization; and deployment of said models on cloud platforms like AWS/ Azure etc.
- Experience in revenue management and delivery of project pipelines for large engagements
- Experience in pre-sales activities to understand client requirements and availability of local market contacts. Able to interpret technical features into commercial benefits.
- Excellent programing skills in R/ Python.
- Experience of client engagements from analytics platform and consulting firms with exposure to developing or managing analytics engagements
- Excellent interpersonal skill.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal in Korean/English.
Our uniqueness is that we truly value yours. From India, across Asia to Japan and down to Australia, our 1800 people are what make our business special. Experian's culture, people and environments are key differentiators.