Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
At Aon, you’ll be part of a team which will support and inspire you and provide the opportunities and resources to develop your skills. It’s an environment which encourages you to achieve your best - together we’ll empower results.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to become part of our Impact Forecasting team based in Singapore. The global Impact Forecasting team of 110 plus members based in 5 offices around the world (Prague, London, Chicago, Singapore and Bangalore) consists of scientists, developers and client services colleagues, developing and supporting catastrophe models for various natural and man-made perils including flood, wind storm, earthquake, fire or terrorism.
The role will focus on providing technical support to internal and external customers using Impact Forecasting’s proprietary catastrophe modeling software ELEMENTS. Successful candidate is expected to become proficient in the ELEMENTS platform; and general catastrophe modeling practices and features. Responsibilities will involve interacting with analytics teams, brokers and clients throughout the Asia-Pacific, US and Europe regions as required.
- Provide guidance for ELEMENTS software to both colleagues within Aon offices and clients
- Provide software advisory including trouble shooting, data preparation and interpretation
- Installation guidance for our products, advising on the acquisition and setup of relevant software and hardware environment
- Advising on procedures for development and implementation of new catastrophe models and provide technical support for interpretation, testing and evaluation of models.
- Close cooperation with other Impact Forecasting teams (potential for involvement in model development, testing, programming, account management…)
- Build and leverage relationships with relevant client staff to help identify information gaps, improve suboptimal processes and analyses
- Provide ongoing training, workshops and related assistance to help support delivery of tools and products, ensuring the effective communication of concepts and key outcomes to both colleagues and clients
- Graduation or Post Graduation (Information Technology, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry) or MBA (Finance) or equivalent
- 1-5 years’ experience working with MS SQL databases and/or any programming/scripting languages (e.g., Python, R, VBA)
- Good to have 1-3 years’ experience in (re)insurance working in an analytical role focusing on catastrophe modelling/management, but not mandatory
- Experience with AIR, RMS, CoreLogic or other catastrophe modelling platforms is desirable, but not mandatory
- Prior knowledge of ELEMENTS platform is an advantage
- Strong skills in MS Office suite (Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Experience in manipulating and displaying data within Geographical Information Software (GIS) is desired
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels within the corporation and various business units.
- Strong analytical thinking and willingness to learn
- Strong team player but capable of independent work
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal) in English
How to Apply
Your opportunity to empower results could start right here. Make your mark and apply online today with a brief covering letter and your resume, sharing relevant achievements for this position.
We Offer You
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to creating a winning and inclusive culture where everyone feels valued and has opportunities for growth and development.