Aon is currently recruiting a Senior Analyst, Technical Solutions to join the Impact Forecasting team within our Center for Innovation & Analytics (ACIA), Singapore
Aon’s Centers for Innovation and Analytics are at the heart of delivering Aon’s Data & Analytic Services team’s mission to:
- Accelerate the rate of innovation through digital solutions to help better respond to clients’ evolving needs
- Provide foundational data and analytics capabilities in one place for 50,000 Aon colleagues and our global clients who use our risk and people solutions
Established in 2012, there are over 100 colleagues in Singapore’s Centre today including actuaries, software developers, data scientists, financial analysts and accountants. We are expanding rapidly and looking for dedicated individuals who can leverage emerging technologies and collaborate across Aon’s solution lines to help clients and colleagues make better, data-driven decisions today and tomorrow.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to become part of our Impact Forecasting team based in Singapore. The global Impact Forecasting team of 110 plus members based in 5 offices around the world (Prague, London, Chicago, Singapore and Bangalore) consists of scientists, developers and client services colleagues, developing and supporting catastrophe models for various natural and man-made perils including flood, wind storm, earthquake, fire or terrorism.
The role will focus on providing technical support to internal and external customers using Impact Forecasting’s proprietary catastrophe modeling software ELEMENTS. Successful candidate is expected to become proficient in the ELEMENTS platform; and general catastrophe modeling practices and features. Responsibilities will involve interacting with analytics teams, brokers and clients throughout the Asia-Pacific, US and Europe regions as required.
- Provide guidance for ELEMENTS software to both colleagues within Aon offices and clients
- Provide software advisory including trouble shooting, data preparation and interpretation
- Installation guidance for our products, advising on the acquisition and setup of relevant software and hardware environment
- Advising on procedures for development and implementation of new catastrophe models and provide technical support for interpretation, testing and evaluation of models.
- Close cooperation with other Impact Forecasting teams (potential for involvement in model development, testing, programming, account management…)
- Build and leverage relationships with relevant client staff to help identify information gaps, improve suboptimal processes and analyses
- Provide ongoing training, workshops and related assistance to help support delivery of tools and products, ensuring the effective communication of concepts and key outcomes to both colleagues and clients
- Graduation or Post Graduation (Information Technology, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry) or MBA (Finance) or equivalent
- Experience in (re)insurance working in an analytical role focussing on catastrophe modelling/management
- Experience in AIR, RMS, CoreLogic or other catastrophe modelling platforms, operating and interpretation of results
- Prior knowledge of ELEMENTS platform is advantage
- Knowledge of MS SQL databases and/or programming/scripting languages (e.g. Python, R, VBA)
- Strong skills in MS Office suite (Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Experience in manipulating and displaying data within Geographical Information Software (GIS) is desired
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels within the corporation and various business units.
- Strong analytical thinking and willingness to learn
- Strong team player but capable of independent work
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal)
How to Apply
Your opportunity to empower results could start right here. Make your mark and apply online today with a brief covering letter and your resume, sharing relevant achievements for this position.
We Offer You
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to creating a winning and inclusive culture where everyone feels valued and has opportunities for growth and development.