This is a key role within Finance function, providing leadership to an accounting team in Singapore. This person shall be working closely with Country Finance Controller and the various Business Units in Singapore. This position will require a person of vision, integrity and commitment, as well as substantial leadership and influencing experience, maturity and judgment. The incumbent must be able to multi-task, be receptive to changes, ensure that team members meet deadlines, and be highly customer focused (both external and internal customers). When there are M&A activities and corporate wide standardization & simplification projects, the incumbent will also play critical change management role to provide recommendations and prepare the broad organization for implementation.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Supervise an accounting team. This will include analysing and resolving complex accounting and reporting issues.
- Assists in directing company implementation of new accounting and reporting requirements.
- Identify and initiate process improvement opportunities for functional productivity.
- Develops and implements accounting policies and procedures to ensure external financial statements are in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and internal management reports are consistent with established policies and procedures.
- Assist in training Finance personnel on system changes, new processes, and reporting from new systems.
- Proactively monitor and ensure compliance of internal control activities, at country and AP level
- A recognised Bachelor's degree in accountancy. CPA is preferred
- 6-10 years of relevant accounting experience in public accounting, manufacturing industry, etc. Relevant supervisory experience.
- Technical Expertise: Professionally competent in a technical area of accounting.
- Good knowledge on local and US GAAP
- Communication: Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills to present information and ideas to individuals or groups in a clear, organized, and articulate manner.
- Interpersonal: Ability to collaborate and build strong rapport with all levels, including local and regional Finance teams and DuPont businesses.
- Analytical: Ability to identify problems and work with the teams to propose and implement solutions. Strong business acumen.
- Influence / Negotiation: Excellent influencing skills with the ability obtain buy-in from all levels.