A Managed Security Services (MSS) Security Integration Engineer is a member of the Deployment & Integration Team for IBM Internet Security Services Managed Security Services (MSS) business. The MSS Deployment & Integration team is responsible for the implementation of MSS services sold post-sale, during a transition phase, through to steady-state delivery of MSS services. A Security Integration Engineer is a security engineer responsible for leading the implementation of security products that enable delivery of managed security services into a variety of simple to moderate network environments.
As a Security Integration Engineer, you are the technical engineer responsible for but not limited to:
- technical data gathering security and policy review and configuration
- security device implementation planning
- configuration and implementation of security products
- technical quality assurance
- introduction and initial education of customers into 24x7 MSS steady state delivery.
You will be responsible for supporting the technical aspects of the implementations of multi-vendor/multi-device/platform solutions for geographically dispersed customers, partners and/or other service providers, typically as part of a larger technical team.
As a Security Integration Engineer, you must have experience leading technical troubleshooting efforts for basic to moderate network environments to identify and eliminate network or security configuration issues. As part of providing top quality deployment & integration services, you will use your in-depth knowledge of Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) networking and routing communication protocols, as well as strong competency (from hands-on experience) in one or more best-of-breed security products.
As a Security Integration Engineer, you may be part of a larger project team or lead independently on smaller projects, often under pressure with tight schedules on multiple projects. You must have demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, be self motivated, pays attention to detail and have demonstrated organization skills. During the course of a project, you will be responsible for educating customers on how to use their security services to ensure a successful MSS experience
- 1 year experience with knowledge and understanding of general Information Security practices
- 1 year experience with strong knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP networking and routing fundamentals
- 1 year experience in network security architecture/design in small to medium network and business environments
- 1 year experience with network based troubleshooting
- 1 year experience with working knowledge and understanding of firewall, UTM and VPN concepts and technologies
- 1 year or more experience with one or more of the following products
- CheckPoint version R75 or newer
- Cisco ASA firmware 8.4 or newer
- Juniper JunOS
- Cloud Technologies such as Azure, AWS, Bluemix
- Fortinet FortiGate
- Vyatta firewalls
- SIEM (IBM Qradar)
Product Knowledge (not required but beneficial):
- Experience with IPS Products (IBM Proventia, Juniper IDP, Cisco IPS, or McAfee Intrushield)
- Experience with BlueCoat Proxy, AV, Reporter and Director products
- Experience with FireEye products
- Experience with MessageLabs or Proofpoint email cloud solutions
- Experience with Akamai technologies