As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
There are a number of exciting and cutting edge greenfield roles building out the Securities Processing Platform. This is a major bank wide greenfield build out involving global teams of talented developers and is rethinking the way JP Morgan implements Post Trade platforms. As part of the Post Trade Technology team, you are expected to be a well-regarded and respected individual contributor; possess strong inter-personal skills, as well as proven track record of application development with skills in Micro services and cloud application development.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- 5 years of experience or more with Java and related technologies developing high performance enterprise applications
- Experience working with Spring Boot and Spring Cloud
- Practical experience with either SQL database technology preferably oracle or NoSQL database technologies; preferably Apache Cassandra
- Experience defining RESTful APIs and building RESTful Web Services
- Deep or moderate and rapidly growing experience with cloud architectures: security, availability, micro services, consumption based billing, designs for scalability
- Experience building mission-critical applications based on Micro services Architecture
- Hands-on, applied and delivery focused
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Additional Preferred Skills
- Experience working on high throughput mission critical high performance STP platforms
- Full stack development across all three tiers GUI, Java and DB(oracle)
- Experience using CI tools like Jenkins or similar
- Understanding of DevOps principles, tools and the intersection with cloud architecture
- Prior experience in the financial industry
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions that help the bank provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk, and extend liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.