The Securities & Derivatives Analyst 2 is an intermediate level position responsible for processing orders and transactions originating from trading desks and branch offices in coordination with the Operations - Transaction Services team. The overall objective of this role is to facilitate the clearance, settlement and investigation of client securities and derivatives transactions.
- Process securities transactions, provide analytic input for traders and aid in review of securities and derivatives products
- Process asset transfers in accordance to instructions received from front office
- Identify and resolve securities and derivative settlement issues, and make process improvement recommendations to leadership
- Analyze moderately complex reports to satisfy management requirements, aid in control activities, and contribute to the launch of product services
- Monitor and suggest solutions to errors to minimize risk to the bank, through an intermediate knowledge of procedural requirements
- Escalate transaction processing issues to the appropriate department and collaborate on a solution
- Design and analyze moderately complex reports, in coordination with standards set by direct leadership
- Assist with control activities, and the launch of new products and services
- Ensure processes adhere to audit and control policies
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Fundamental understanding of Treasury products, accounting, regulatory policies and asset transfers
- Proven ability to perform various concurrent activities/projects in a high-risk environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of macros
- Bachelor’s Degree/University degree or equivalent experience in Business, Accounting, or Finance
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.