Customer Success Specialist, Security
What You’ll Do
The Customer Success Specialist (CSS) role is a highly critical, strategic advisor that engages with customers to accelerate their adoption of Cisco products & solutions that transform their business and drive business outcomes. The role resides within the Cisco Customer Experience (CX) organization, one of Cisco’s fastest-growing teams.
This is a technical role intended to help our customers with a myriad of their adoption challenges as a specialist within the Cisco Security architecture, including Secure Network Analytics, Secure Cloud Analytics, Secure Endpoint, SecureX, etc.
The CSS will build close relationships with customers, CX counterparts, architects, & engineers in achieving their goals. The role will:
- Manage the onboarding of new customers and act as the customer's advocate within the business.
- Manage support escalations.
- Assist the sales organization and channel to ensure customers understand our post-sales value proposition.
- Assist with management of pre-release and Beta product testing at key customers.
- Assist the sales and services organizations with services pre-sales.
- Assist the support renewals team.
- Assist the wider Customer Success team as required across all theatres.
- Fluent in English, additional languages beneficial
- Strong network security background - NGFW, Endpoint Protection, ASA, ISE, IOS, Enterprise Network (R&S) highly desired.
- CCNP equivalent required, CCIE R&S/Security desirable.
- Strong customer advocacy skills.
- Ability to work independently across multiple time zones.
Who You Are
- Inherently understands customer needs and provides the best CX onboarding and contract lifecycle experience to enhance customer value.
- Enough technical knowledge to understand and connect customer business outcomes to offer functionality to accelerate customer value
- Work across internal and external teams of all levels to proactively support the customer. Reducing the time it takes the customer to start engaging with and receiving value from their service. Ability to operate and interact with customers in a remote/virtual environment
- clear understanding of the customers’ business outcomes and how the CSS can support the customer on their path
- Interest in and proven execution ability with relevant offers and driving customers to their outcomes.
- Skilled at issue management and managing customer expectations
- Delivers complex information in a confident and convincing manner, appropriate to a diverse audience that produces clarity and impact.
- 10+ years of experience in technical consulting or direct customer interfacing/engagement role with a deep understanding of industry best practices related to one of the IT security domains
- Insights into how companies protect their assets and their businesses. This includes an understanding of technologies used to reach business outcomes and optimal ROI.
- An understanding of at least one of these technologies: Firewalls, NACs, IPSs, Behavioral monitoring tools, EDRs, XDRs. The objective is to assist the customer with barriers that they experience as they onboard and implement Cisco Security Solutions.
- Thorough understanding of the technical fundamentals of aligned technology/specialization areas and related best practices, and an ability to define and articulate how technology can be used to solve business challenges
- Suggested Cisco technical Certifications: CCNA / CCNP / CCDP/ CCIE or equivalent strongly preferred
- Suggested Cisco Success Management certifications: Cisco Certified Success Specialist
- CISM / CISSP or equivalent strongly preferred.
- BS Engineering, Computer Science, Masters preferred
If you are looking for hands-on involvement in crafting the future direction of Cisco and Customer Experience, we have a place for you
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data, and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education, and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.