Our Philippines Project Solutions team is focused on supporting our key local and international projects through provision of project controls, document controls, scheduling and commercial management support. This is a key activity for effective project execution and requires our Project Solutions staff to be a key part of global delivery teams. As a core GID growth strategy, our Project Solutions team are actively supporting existing projects in Australia, New Zealand and Hong Kong, and we are targeting support for other home offices around the APAC region and the USA.
The Section Leader supports the Director of Operations and provides leadership to a Section within a Performance Unit (PU). In conjunction with your technical role, you will provide consistent leadership and role modelling of Jacobs’ core values, fostering an inclusive and diverse culture across your Section that embodies Jacobs’ Culture of Caring and prioritises the health and wellbeing of your people. You will set clear direction and provide a strong role model regarding client focus and responsiveness and your developing client relationships will help to ensure we can identify and anticipate client needs and ensure our recruitment, retention and development programs reflect this need.
- This is a billable role and you will be actively engaged on working to support our global project teams or delivering projects yourself as part of this leadership position.
- You will support your team to be engaged, resilient and adaptable, and inspire them to strive for innovation while maintaining outstanding project delivery, responsible and proactive commercial management, and making disciplined investment decisions. You will support team members to link their individual goals developed through the E3 process to key business objectives in order to deliver against Performance Unit (PU) and business goals and to build satisfying and meaningful careers for your Section.
- You will support your team to ensure it can thrive in a global setting, encouraging cross-geography relationships in order to maximise the benefit to our clients and our people of global delivery.
- You will also lead our external quality audits in consultation with the Quality Manager -Asia, ensuring we maintain this essential ‘licence to operate’ and continually strive for improvement and excellence in quality assurance and project delivery.
Here's What You'll Need:
- Experience driving a culture of inclusive, high-performing integrated teams. Demonstrated ability and commitment to maximising the power of diverse thinking and perspectives by creating a culture in which differences are shared, celebrated and incorporated into business activities.
- Experience articulating and role modelling clear expectations for client responsiveness, client orientation, delivery efficiency and solution innovation
- Demonstrated leadership capability and demonstrated experience building teams and empowering, supporting, mentoring and holding them to account to ensure that they can thrive in a global setting.
- Evidence of an understanding of market trends and key financial drivers to contribute to and drive sound commercial decision making.
- Strong communication skills and ability to effectively inspire and engage you team to drive achievement of key business priorities (e.g. BeyondZero, project delivery, Client Expectation surveys).
- Evidence of a strategic mindset, experience developing or contributing to the development of a strategic plan
- Demonstrates a good understanding of key commercial drivers (including BeyondZero and Inclusion & Diversity priorities) and an ability to drive achievement within a team.
- Ability to adapt or shift priorities in response to the needs of clients, team members or the organisation and to guide your team to remain flexible in a changing, competitive environment by being a role model for adaptability.
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally - and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
This role is based in Manila Sheridan Street, 16th Floor, South Tower, Rockwell Business Center Sheridan Sheridan Street, corner United St, Mandaluyong, 1550 Metro Manila, Philippines Sheridan Street cor. United Street Barangay Highway Hills, Mandaluyong City 15500.