Citi is more than a global financial services company. It’s an engine for progress. Join us, and you’ll have the chance to get involved in progress in all its shapes and forms, right across the world. From the micro to the macro, from Australia to Zambia, the work we do has real positive impact. Wherever you are and whatever you do, progress starts here.
We’ve built a world famous, trusted brand over 200 years of continuously evolving financial services. And today, our influence continues to grow: with financial operations in 160 countries and 100 currencies. We have 200 million different clients, including some of the biggest names in the industries, sectors, businesses and governments that we serve every day. It all adds up to an exciting place to be for talented, ambitious people who want to build a truly remarkable career.
The Sec & Derivatives Senior Analyst is an intermediate level position responsible for managing and supervising a high performing team within the Asia Securities Operations – Citi Private Bank supporting free-of-payment asset transfers, RVP and DVP transactions. This role needs to manage and drive projects implementation, regulatory initiatives, internal audits and improvements to existing processes and KPIs/KRIs. This role is also expected to manage escalations, drive end-to-end resolutions on issues raised. The preferred candidate needs to have knowledge on securities operations, able to engage effectively with various stakeholders within the organizations and coordinate across Asia Securities Operations to derive a collective solutions on initiatives.
- Utilize data analysis tools and methodologies, in conjunction with professional judgement to make process improvement recommendations
- Resolve settlement related issues and escalate as needed; drive solutions to resolve complex issues
- Participate in the implementation of assigned projects, including new products, services and upgrades to platforms
- Identification and execution of key-opportunities to streamline, digitize and automate processes to transform operations to be future ready, improve operational productivity and tighten controls.
- Monitor and provide solutions to errors to minimize risk to the bank
- Provide informal guidance, and/or on the job training to new team members
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Strategize and define roadmap for the team in pursuant to the directive of the Wealth organization.
- Perform and monitor control testing i.e. MCA and ensure defects are properly documented and reported.
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Possesses good knowledge of Capital market products, operations, risk and regulatory policies i.e. sanctions and tax policies
- Excellent written and communication skills required to communicate with all staff levels.
- Bachelor’s Degree/University degree or equivalent experience in Business, Accounting, or Finance
Citi Return To Work Programme Welcomes You If You Have:
- Taken a career break of 6 months or more*
- A degree or higher educational qualifications
- Relevant working experience
- Those currently working are also welcomed to apply
**When you are being redirected to Citibank career site, please make sure to choose “Halfthesky” under “Job Boards” when you fill in “How Did You Hear About Us?*” field, so we can follow up on your application directly with the Recruiter who’s responsible for the role.