Johnson Controls is a global multi-industrial company with core businesses in the automotive, building and energy storage industries. Our 170,000 employees create quality products and services to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings, energy storage and interior systems for automobiles. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful. Johnson Controls, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance or accommodation during the application process please call 414-524-8999 and press option #0 or email HR_Recruitment@jci.com.
The Enterprise SAP COE Sr. Solution Architect– PTD Solution Architecture will report to the Competency Manager– PTD Solution Architecture. The successful candidate will be part of a team of Solution Architects in design & maintenance of an Enterprise SAP template for the Plan to deliver process area. The Enterprise SAP COE Sr. Solution Architect- PTD Solution Architecture will work with business counterparts in delivering solutions based on best practices, business processes & SAP expertise.
The SAP landscape under the scope of this position would be multiple SAP instances in JCI globally.
With Solution Architecture responsibility, the Enterprise SAP COE Sr. Solution Architect- PTD Solution Architecture will play the role of SAP Expert and be responsible for the global governance of the SAP landscape and strategic initiatives in PTD areas.
Role and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design and maintenance of JCI Enterprise ERP Plan to Deliver Template according to business requirements and ensure its continued governance and evolution.
- Provides consultation to application owners, business partners and peer groups regarding long and short-range architecture solutions to meet business imperatives.
- Develops solutions and business case alternatives. Actively participates in complex design and technical discussions, and decision making processes.
- Collaborate and engage with counterparts across COE pillars such as Project Delivery, Tech Services, IT Operations and QA and Business Analytics to consistently deliver ERP application projects with a high level of quality and functionality that meets the business user’s requirements.
- Provide expertise in SAP areas of Production Planning and integration with other third-party tools deployed in Johnson Controls to support the PTD business processes.
- Work with the Enterprise ERP Application Architect team & support functionality assessments for solutions in scope of the overall SAP ERP platform.
- Represent Global Products Global deployment leader role in the ERP Transformation Program
- Drive safeguarding plans for ongoing projects to ensure operational readiness and hyper care
- Define the benefits that will realize the strategic objectives of the program. Develop the benefit realization plan
- Monitor and report process performance against KPIs and health versus plans.
Skills & Qualifications
A successful candidate must have the following skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline. Master’s degree in related discipline preferred.
- 3+ years of SAP S4 HANA implementation experience across lifecycle of SAP implementation
- 5+ years of SAP implementation experience across multiple lifecycles of SAP ECC implementation and support for core PTD process are such as
- Material Master, BOM, Routing & Work Center data
- Engineering Change Management
- Production Planning (Demand Planning, MRP, Capacity Planning)
- MTO, MTS, ATO, ETO processes
- Production Execution (Discrete Manufacturing, Repetitive Manufacturing, KANBAN)
- Batch and Serial Number Management
- Integration with PM, QM, MM, WM, SD, FI, VC, PS and other SAP/Non-SAP technologies in this space.
- Equipment Master, BOM, Work Center, Task list data
- Plant Maintenance (Object Maintenance, Maintenance Planning, Capacity Planning,
Maintenance Processing & Preventive Maintenance)
- Quality Management QM (Quality Planning, Inspection, Certificates, Notification, Test Equipment Management)
- Batch & Serial Number Management
- Reporting/Analytics know how
- Logistics Execution (Warehouse Management and some exposure to EWM)
- Goods Movements, Inbound Processes, Outbound Processes, Transfers
- Picking, Packing, Shipping, Transportation
- Kanban & JIT processes
- PP Control Cycles
- Material Staging
- Mobile Data Entry
- Physical Inventory
- Experience in strategic business initiatives in the SAP domain in
- Engaging business customers
- Managing customer expectations
- Driving Cost benefit analysis based on estimation models
- Developing Solution Deployment Roadmap
- Experience in business process re-engineering or process improvement, involving broad-based information systems, utilizing tools and techniques to effect business change.
- Ability to develop clear and detailed business requirements and design specifications that can be understood by other delivery team & business partners
- Ability to translate business requirements into design options that are cost effective, efficient, re-usable that comply with defined architectural principles and standards and that enhance the business process.
- Must possess a high degree of professional confidence and credibility, with the presence and communication skills to represent IT related concepts effectively with all levels of the business.
- Experienced with SAFe Agile DevOps delivery framework
Excellent analytical and problem solving, communication and pre