Enterprise SAP COE: Solution Architect – Warehouse Management (IM/WM/EWM)
Johnson Controls is a global multi-industrial company with core businesses in the automotive, building and energy storage industries. Our 170,000 employees create quality products and services to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings, energy storage and interior systems for automobiles. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful. Johnson Controls, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, and protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance or accommodation during the application process please call 414-524-8999 and press option #0 or email HR_Recruitment@jci.com.
The Enterprise SAP COE Solution Architect will report to the Competency Manager–Solution Architecture. The successful candidate will be part of a team of Solution Architects in design & maintenance of an Enterprise SAP template for the Plan to deliver (PTD-WM/EWM) process area. The Enterprise SAP COE Solution Architect will work with business counterparts in delivering solutions based on best practices, business processes & SAP expertise. Multiple SAP instances in JCI global SAP landscape will be under the scope of this position.
With Solution Architecture responsibility, the Enterprise SAP COE Solution Architect- Warehouse Management (WM/EMW) will play the role of SAP Expert and be responsible for the global solution design & governance of the SAP landscape and strategic initiatives in PTD areas.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Design and maintenance of JCI Enterprise ERP Plan to Deliver Warehouse Management (WM) and Extended Warehouse Management (EWM) Templates according to business requirements and ensure continued governance and evolution.
- Provides consultation to application owners, business partners and peer groups regarding long and short-range architecture solutions to meet business imperatives.
- Develops solutions and business case alternatives. Actively participates in complex design and technical discussions, and decision making processes.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise in SAP areas of Inventory Management (IM), Warehouse Management (WM) and Extended Warehouse Management (EWM) and integration with other third-party tools deployed in Johnson Controls to support the PTD business processes.
- Work with the Enterprise ERP Application Architect team & support functionality assessments for solutions in scope of the overall SAP ERP platform.
A successful candidate must have the following skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline.
- 5 years of SAP WM project experience (Inventory Management (IM), Warehouse Management (WM), Extended Warehouse Management (EWM), SAP Console and ITSMobile )
- Must have 2 full lifecycle project experience in the role of WM functional lead
- 2 years of logistics consulting experience preferred
- 2 years of SAP S/4 HANA experience preferred
- SAP LE/WM/EWM certification is a plus
- Working knowledge on EDI/IDOC and other 3rd Party interfaces
- Experience in creating Functional Specifications for ABAP developments and validating custom objects
- ABAP development/debugging skills a plus
- Must be familiar with Supply Chain business models, SAP WM/EWM and RF/wireless technologies
- Experience in
- Integration with Production Planning and Quality Management.
- Batch and Serial Number Management.
- Kanban & JIT processes
- Material Staging
- Goods Movements, Inbound Processes, Outbound Processes, Transfers
- Picking, Packing, Shipping, Transportation
- Physical Inventory
- Experience in Production Planning processes preferred.
- Should be familiar with material handling systems and how to integrate them to SAP WM solutions; Experience working with Automated Warehouse processes preferred
- Strong warehouse, distribution and transportation, Reverse logistics, Business Process Knowledge and experience. APICS certification preferred
- Experience in strategic business initiatives in the SAP domain in
- Engaging business customers
- Managing customer expectations
- Driving Cost benefit analysis based on estimation models
- Developing Solution Deployment Roadmap
- Experience in business process re-engineering or process improvement, involving broad-based information systems, utilizing tools and techniques to effect business change.
- Ability to develop clear and detailed business requirements and design specifications that can be understood by other delivery team & business partners
- Ability to translate business requirements into design options that are cost effective, efficient, re-usable that comply with defined architectural principles and standards and that enhance the business process.
- Must possess a high degree of professional confidence and credibility, with the presence and communication skills to represent IT related concepts effectively with all levels of the business.
- Experienced with SAFe Agile DevOps delivery framework
Excellent analytical and problem solving, communication and presentati