Why you will love Cisco
Do you want to change the world? We change the world every day! Everything is converging on the Internet, making networked connections more sign!cant than ever before in our lives. Our employees' groundbreaking ideas impact everything. Here, that means we take creative ideas from the drawing board to multifaceted solutions that have real world impact. You'll collaborate with Cisco leaders, partner with mentors, and develop incredible relationships with colleagues who share your interest in connecting the unconnected. You'll be part a team that cares about its customers, enjoys having fun, and you'll take part in changing the lives of those in our local communities. Come prepared to be supported and encouraged.
What you’ll do
Video Devices Sales Specialists work with our largest and most strategic clients, helping them leverage the power of video devices, meetings and collaboration portfolio to build their next-generation workplaces. As a Video Devices Sales Specialist, you will own the video devices business in your assigned area, segment, country or region; working closely with sales leadership, account managers and other specialists to drive the growth of our business. This is a quota carry role, thus you will be responsible for leading sales efforts on our biggest and most visible opportunities, while at the same time providing sales and forecast data on your assign area. Video Sales Specialist will also be working closely with Business Unit Engineering, Product Management and Marketing teams to provide market insights, help craft the direction of our portfolio and launch and incubate new products, solutions and partnerships.
Success in this position requires frequent communication with customers, peers, partners and management with attention to cultural sensitivity, both internal and external, to achieve results through positive influence in a matrixed organization. The Video Specialist position is that of an outside sales representative and will require approximately 35%+ travel, including international as needed. Account assignments vary over time and sales activity includes a mix of development and acquisition targets.
Who you will work with
One Winning Team - Effectively facilitating joint initiatives with cross-functional teams (Account Management, Collaboration Sales, Customer Success, Engineering, Product Management, Partners, etc.), all working together for joint success.
Who are you
You have a consultative solutions/business-value problem solving approach to engagements with C-Level and senior executive leaders. You have a strong background in financial acumen and solution selling, and have the ability to develop and present a comprehensive business case. You desire to help direct a team of diverse backgrounds, both within and outside of Cisco, and deliver results.
- You have the ability to work across multiple dimensions of building a Team, Business, Practice.
- You have sales and/or sales management experience for a technology provider, integrator or enterprise IT delivery organization.
- You have strong communication and listening skills, a detailed approach to complex problem solving, managing to metrics.
- You have positive relationship management skills with a genuine understanding of how to identify build and lead confirmed relationships with multiple key decisions makers within large accounts
- You are a subject matter expertise on how our Video solutions can assist our customers in transforming how people work.
- You are sales driven with a background in Meetings, Team Collaboration and Video Device sales in Cisco's Unified Communications portfolio and/or equivalent.
- You will have a background in working on large, strategic sales engagements.
- You will also be able to manage relationships with the Account Managers, Regional Managers, Sales Specialists and their engineering counterparts, to meet the collaboration priorities for the respective areas of responsibilities.
- You should have excellent written and verbal communications skills as well as good listening and strong presentation skills
- Have a desire to be successful in sales
Our Minimum Requirements for the role
- Travel will be required in the area of responsibility stated above. We will greatly promote the use of Webex and our video device, to allow the virtualization of all resources on this team.
- You have strong business insight and executive presence
- You have a strong desire to be successful in sales
- You have a minimum 5-years experience in the video conferencing, web meetings and/or team collaboration industry.
- You are familiar with collaboration systems solutions, market competitors and partners.
- You are able to quickly identify and present to vertical solutions and new areas around video
- You are comfortable working as an overlay resource to !eld teams, while also directly leading strategic opportunities.
- You have the ability to work with cross-architecture peers.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.