Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 200+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 26 countries spanning five continents.
A career at Equinix means you will collaborate on work that impacts the world and be surrounded by endless opportunities to learn new skills and grow in varied directions. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
Job Profile Summary
The role will work closely with multiple internal cross functional teams globally and regionally and deliver value by supporting proactively the monthly backlog exercise and providing analytical advisory.
- Determine and apply appropriate methodologies and tools to analyze a range of standard, functional and/or cross-functional issues/gaps.
- Design and prepare the backlog orders metrics/dashboard to provide visibility on the backlog progress to multiple cross-functional teams.
- To collect data various reporting data souce/setup e.g. Siebel, Tableau, Smartsheet etc. and provide the monthly backlog result / analysis for regional business analysts and Sales Management (globally).
- Provide overall support and coordination with regional backlog business analyst for the monthly backlog exercise.
- Responsible for implementing and enforcing processes and tools that will maintain integrity and accuracy of backlog process and data.
- To support standard reporting cycles in standard formats on daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
- Supports status reporting providing periodic project updates, communicating identified risks, issues and concerns.
- Execute ad-hoc analysis as needed with minimum supervision or support from others.
Process and Policy Adoption and Reinforcement
- Educate backlog team on new tools/monthly backlog tracker, processes, and policies.
- Delivers refresher trainings to address knowledge gaps.
- Communicate process improvements and enhancements to cross functional teams.
- Supports project plans and resources, tracking timelines and ensuring status updates are periodically communicated
- Coordinates with stakeholders to facilitate alignment through implementation and post-implementation stages
- Identify risks/issues and proactively initiate discussions on workaround and permanent solutions.
- Coordinate cross functional discussions to drive issues, challenges and prioritization efforts
- Degree in Data Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Prior work experience of at least 2 year in data analysis is required
- Knowledge in data analytical tools, statistical tools, and/ or mathematical models
- Ability to work proactively and independently to interact with stakeholders, understand needs, and present findings, and documents with clarity verbally and written
- Experience documenting specifications, such as source to target mappings, and business rule and data validation requirements
- Experience in testing and data quality assurance
- Bring critical insights and suggestions for continual improvement into process and solution design.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, SQL and reporting tools
- Self-driven team player with ability to learn quickly, and apply new tools and techniques
- Meticulous and able to pick up fast.