Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 200+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 26 countries spanning five continents.
A career at Equinix means you will collaborate on work that impacts the world and be surrounded by endless opportunities to learn new skills and grow in varied directions. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
- Identify the customer’s business needs, challenges, technical requirements and propose Equinix solutions in partnership with SE/SA/supporting team.
- Lead the engagement, position our value, leverage internal resources where appropriate and adapt the pitch to customer’s need and persona.
- Focus time and resource on the right customer profile, act with sense of urgency and stay committed and accountable to achieve positive outcome and hitting targets.
Prospecting and Pipeline Management
- Coordinate with Opportunity Development team to strategize leads & qualify sales opportunities.
- Pitch prospects primarily at C-level and leverage industry leaders and partners to build contacts.
- Pursue high propensity prospects, maintain funnel with multi-times and multi-quarter pipeline.
- Actively monitor and update opportunity status in SFDC following principles of timely forecasting.
- Identify account with churn risk, keep tab on expiring contracts and forecast churn accurately.
- Build and maintain relationship with wide ranging stakeholders in assigned accounts and prospects.
- Leads Executive briefings and strengthen Executive level business relationship with major clients.
- Research and document detailed understanding of customer business and organizational landscape.
- Conduct quarterly business review with customers to identify new selling opportunities.
- Facilitate and rally internal support to ensure timely resolution of customer issues.
- Proactively engage customers with churn risk, facilitate contract renewals and negotiate to protect revenue in view of contractual obligations.
- Prioritize list of accounts for short and long-term pursuit based on the assigned sales objective.
- Be passionate with assigned verticals and focus on creating ecosystems that build interconnections.
- Utilize available tools to prospect, develop strategic account plan and selling our product portfolio globally.
Teaming with Internal & External Partners
- Lead coordinated approach with internal team (Sales Engineers, Solutions Architects, Customer Care, Sales Support Associates, Commercial Solutions, Sales Operations, etc) and external partners (Resellers, Strategic Alliance, etc) to jointly drive deals.
- Understand business drivers of assigned accounts and leverage strategic alliances and reseller partners to develop solutions that drive buying behavior of customers.
- Lead commercial offer and manage contract negotiation in view of company interest.
- Partner Commercial Solutions and internal resources to obtain the best possible commercial terms.
- Understand commercial levers and non-negotiables to structure key deals and RFPs.
Professionalism and Positive Behavior
- Conduct daily work with professionalism and maintain a positive mindset with the tenacity to overcome challenges and be successful.
- Value humility, trust, discipline and aim to preserve our culture of teamwork.
- Maintain the mentoring and coaching attitude to level up teammates and open to share best practices and guidance.
- 7+ year experience preferred
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Excellent ability to present to C level and technical stakeholders
- Are you interested? We are interested in learning more about you.
This Job Description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing organizational needs.
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.