The Cisco Partner Organization aims to develop the most meaningful partner ecosystem, valued by partners, customers and our employee’s. Growing our partner’s capabilities in our Enterprise Networking architecture’s access portfolio and solutions, whilst ensuring profitable growth for our ecosystem to deliver business value for Cisco and our customers.
The APJC Architecture Partner Organization’s Sales Business Development team is a collection of high performing experts who develop scalable channel go-to-market strategies focused on:
- Identifying, developing and optimizing route to market opportunities
- Capturing partner mind/wallet share through enablement, incentives and practice building
- Building an extended ecosystem capable of delivering customer outcomes
- Representing thought leadership and the ‘voice of the partner’ back into Cisco’s various functions – including, but not limited to, Business Units, Sales, Architecture, Corporate Development, Operations, etc.
As a result of our work, Cisco is better equipped to:
- Scale Cisco’s sales and accelerate time to revenue for key products/architectures
- Clearly understand partner business models and the economic impact of Cisco decisions
- Improve partner value exchanges & define unique roles partners play in Cisco’s success
- Accelerate the market adoption of key technologies
Specifically, this role will support Cisco’s Enterprise Networking Access portfolio of Switching and Wireless technologies leading with strategic control points like DNAC and Wifi6 while driving
What You'll Do
The Sales Business Development Manager is techno commercial role responsible for creating strategy and execution plans to build and enhance Cisco’s channel partner practices related to Switching and Wireless solutions. The Sales Business Development Manager will work cross-functionally with engineering, marketing, finance, sales teams, WW and theater channel teams and other subject matter experts across Cisco to:
- Understand business & technical uses cases that increase partners investment in Cisco access strategic Technologies like DNAC, Wifi6 and DNA Spaces.
- Prioritize partner projects and influence where to invest for EN Access Portfolio demand creation with the greatest ROI
- Develop a ‘point of view’ on financial impacts, business trends, and new partner opportunities
- Drive partner preference and mindshare for Cisco solution compared to competitive offerings in market
- Evangelize partners managed service as a critical RTM and help update assets for partner consumption
- Develop Partner Sales and Technical Enablement Plan with Arch Sales & Product Mgmt team and drive execution of the same with help from Theater Arch PAM teams.
- Develop and/or influence budget proposals and business cases for innovative solutions which can help tap the opportunity faster
- Be a central point and proactively interlock best practices / case studies across regions
- Interface with internal stakeholders and external partner key contacts
- Be an EN channel subject matter expert for relevant strategic and corporate development initiatives
- Understand solution roadmaps and insert the partner perspective proactively into new product introductions for a successful GTM execution
- Regularly interlock with field sales/channel teams to uncover new strategic needs and subsequently execute those via pilot initiatives.
- Champion internal / external partner tools and Sales acceleration programs (e.g. Prime Partner Program, EN Champion Partner Program, EN Modernize, DNAC Land to Adopt, MINT, SWAT, Seller Rewards, LCI, VIP etc)
Who We Are Looking For
While candidates are not required to have all of these experiences/skills, the ideal candidate skill set will include:
- Excellent intellectual and analytical skills - ability to structure problem statements and be the catalyst for uncovering new ways to solve problems. Prior business development, or strategy & planning experiences are desired.
- Experience in field sales, pre-sales roles with channels knowledge
- Subject matter and technical expertise in DNAC, Cat9K, Wifi6, DNA Spaces solutions and market competitive dynamics understanding
- A keen understanding of relationship development and influence in highly matrixed environments
- Financial aptitude with excel business case modeling and/or budget development
- Experience in designing/driving complex projects, programs and processes at scale
- An understanding of strategy, industry, and market concepts (e.g. TAM, Competition)
- Comfortable in a remote team working environment; self-motivated and results-oriented
- Strong communication and presentation skills – an ability to graphically represent new ideas and concepts to executive leaders
- Reporting to Enterprise Networking EN Channels Leader
- BS/BA or equivalent in a related field
- MBA is strongly preferred
- Technical Certifications like CCNA, CCNP preferred