- Posted 23 October 2023
- Job type Full-Time
Leadership Development Program
Paid Parental Leave
Return to Work Policy
Flexible Working Arrangements
Raise Numbers Of Women In Leadership
Internal Women's Networking Group
Equal Pay Initiatives
This role is for an EHS Manager, Safety Specialist or Safety Engineer. The roles prime responsibility will be to support the safety operations in Tokyo, Japan. As well as this, there may be opportunities to support other regions or countries.
The chosen person must be an effective communicator, sending clear, concise and consistent messages verbally, in written form, and/or public speaking forums. This individual must advise, instruct and train company personnel on safety policies and procedures, as well as assist the teams in incorporating our safety standards at their sites.
You will work with internal and external partners to maintain and enhance the safety of operations and achieve specific safety objectives. Coordination with business leaders, employees, vendors, compliance officers, risk management, and fire/life safety systems is required.
This role will report to the Regional Safety Manager – Japan and will be based in Tokyo, Japan. Some domestic and international travel may be required. English speaking and writing proficiency is required, Japanese comprehension is advantageous.
- Implement safety standards, policies and practices including but not limited to: safety management systems, training, and risk assessments.
- Collaborate with other departments within Amazon (Facility Managers, Human Resources, Hardware Operations, Construction and etc.) and outside vendors (General Contractors, sub-contractors, Emergency Services) as they relate to operations and construction.
- Ensure compliance and implementation of global safety programs and local regulatory legislation.
- Develop safety plans for on-site emergencies, special events and other unique safety situations.
- Perform safety data analysis and create benchmarking.
- Ensure safety recordkeeping and provide accurate reporting and metrics to support business safety initiatives.
- Consult and work with legal for safety regulations interpretations and investigations.
- Develop and implement solutions to eliminate exposure to health and safety risks and prevent injury.
- Adapt to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, strategy and deadlines.
- Domestic and international travel for emergency and non-emergency may be required.
- Able to work as part of a team and provide safety support to sites across Japan and other countries when required.
- All other duties as assigned.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Tokyo, 13, JPN
- 3 or more years of field experience with a proven record of safety.
- Minimum college/university degree in a safety and health field or experience equivalent.
- Ability to effectively communicate in both English and Japanese.
- Manufacturing, construction, pharmaceutical, or similar industry safety experience with mix of full time employees and third-party contractors.
- Experience designing and implementing safety policy, processes and procedural documentation.
- Considerable knowledge of local safety and health regulations and practices of investigations and workplace safety.
- Ability to develop and implement department goals and strategies.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability and attention to detail.
- Experience in a fast paced, changing/growing organization
- Able to manage up and escalate issues or concerns when required.
- High ethical standards with proven ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information; excellent judgment, discretion and diplomacy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort interfacing with site leaders.
- Proficiency in English speaking and writing.
Please check the website below for measures to eliminate unwanted second-hand smoking in each facility:
The salary information can be provided individually prior to the 1st interview