Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our Water business is seeking for Resident Technical Officers to be based at the mega water project located in Tuas, Singapore. Main responsibilities:
- Oversee all civil, structural and architectural (CSA) woks for the construction of the assigned facility within the project. They will work across all contracts assigned to the facility (and periodically across the project), to monitor, support and guide the implementation of all CSA works by the Contractors including both Contractor designed elements as well as the procurement, installation, testing of the CSA works.
- Part of a larger team of REs and RTOs with an indirect reporting line to the Lead RE / RTO Civil for the facility and Chief Resident Engineer (CRE) / QPS working across all TWRP contracts.
- Work closely with the Lead RTO, Chief Resident Engineer, Engineering Manager in Jacobs, the Client and with 3rd Parties and be able to effectively communicate and coordinate with all the parties.
- Work closely with all other resident engineering teams, especially the resident Mechanical, ICA and process teams on all coordination matters
- Under general supervision of a Project / Construction Manager, RE and Chief Resident Engineer, evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering and construction management and supervision techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Under general supervision of a Project Manager /Construction Manager and RE, carry out general contract administration and management
- With additional experience within one area, the individual is expected to assist in the design of larger and more complex assignments
- Provides leadership and accountability for the implementation, and measurable performance, of the Jacobs Beyond Health and Safety Program.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Minimum of a Civil / Structural Degree or equivalent with relevant experience.
- Registered RTO.
- Large scale or similar water treatment plant project experience preferred due to the project’s nature of works.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant construction experience. Consultancy background would be an added advantage.
- Proficient in MS Office suite of programmes
- Have rights to work in Singapore to be considered.
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.