As a Scheduling Lead at Avanade, you will manage resource supply and demand to effectively and efficiently staff projects with the necessary capabilities and expertise. You will work with various parties within Avanade in order to accomplish this. These individuals include, Capability Leads, the Business Development team, Project Managers, and the Human Resources team.
Day-to-day you will:-
- Evaluate resources based on role requirements and take into consideration the individual’s preferences as well as career development goals
- Help set expectations on resource availability with the Capability Director and Project Managers
- Ensure smooth transition for the consultants who are on and between customer engagements
- Work with the Capability Director and Project Managers on resource availability to help them develop and close opportunities
- Update and maintain data in the scheduling system while ensuring information is accurate and reliable.
- Distribute ad-hoc reports when needed
- Facilitate regular resource meetings and ensure the discussion is documented
- Monitor and report on historical, current, and forecasted utilization, chargeability, and availability
- Work with the Capability Director and PMO to enhance scheduling systems and processes
- Understand employees' strengths and areas for development
- Provide guidance and advice to employees on resume writing
- Work with resource schedulers from other regions to coordinate and track inter-country assignments.
- Manage a small team of resource schedulers
- Able to facilitate and balance needs of stakeholders (i.e. customers, Business Development, Capability Director, and consultant in the fulfillment of a role in a project)
- Demonstrate success working in a dynamic, frequently changing and geographically dispersed environment as well as willingness to help wherever needed - even in areas not specifically scheduling
- Able to stay updated on developments in Microsoft technologies. Previous knowledge of MS technologies highly desirable. Possess sound working knowledge of MS office products: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
- Goal-oriented and has a sense of urgency to get things done
- Willing to seek responsibility and take ownership of tasks
- Organized with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Independent, persistent, and decisive
- Able to work well under pressure and deadlines
- Great interpersonal skills -Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal)
- Project Management and/or Business Analysis experience a plus. Prior experience in Consulting industry, Recruiting or Human Resources is advantageous
What we offer you
Come for the distinctive experiences you have helping forward-thinking corporations, non-profits, and governments push the boundaries of digital innovation. Stay for the limitless learning opportunities that encourage you to master Microsoft and pursue big ideas. Enjoy ambitious growth for yourself as part of Avanade’s people-first culture with benefits like employee share purchasing, flexible work arrangements, a commitment to diversity and inclusion, and competitive pay.