Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Jacobs is looking for a Resident Engineer, to join one of our Rail and Transit projects. The successful candidate will work as an integrated member of the project team and be based on site in Sepang, Malaysia.
This role requires the successful candidate to:
- provide on-site surveillance of all engineering works performed by the Contractor.
- build a trusted relationship with the client and contractor’s project team.
- place an emphasis on safe working and a high quality of delivery.
- monitor and report on progress and quality and flag deviations when they occur.
- provide status reports and routine updates to the Jacobs Project Manager.
- chair site meetings and actively contribute towards workshops and group discussions.
As a key member of the project team, you will be expected to:
- have experience working in a rail environment, either on construction/design projects, or in the maintenance and operation of a railway and should have a strong working knowledge of design, installation, testing and commissioning of rail and transit assets.
- a good team player and flexible to the needs of the project.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
The successful candidate is required to hold the following qualifications and accreditations:
- Bachelors degree in a relevant engineering discipline.
- A good number of substantial years of professional experience working on rail and transit projects in a technical capacity.
- Registration with Board of Engineers Malaysia; PE status is desirable.
We reflect our clients’ diversity at Jacobs. We value inclusion and diversity as it energizes our people and encourages creativity, collaboration and innovation. Our global culture of caring fosters a workplace where we value the safety, positive mental health, inclusion and belonging of all our employees. Joining Jacobs introduces you to a variety of established global employee networks dedicated to empowering employees to maximize their potential through engagement and development opportunities across all career stages.
One of the many ways we thank our employees for their dedication and hard work, is offering quality, flexible benefit options that keep you and your family, physically and financially healthy. You’ll have access to several employee benefits including comprehensive private medical insurance, flexible work arrangements, annual airfare allowance, interest free housing loans and access to monthly social events or community involvement programs.
It’s a great time to join Jacobs as we actively nurture and support our diverse employee and client networks across all ethnicities and cultures. Achieve more and thrive with a global brand! Apply online by clicking on the link.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.