Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our Water business is seeking for Resident Engineers (Programmer) to be part of the project team working on the mega water project located in Tuas, Singapore. The essential duties:
- Working under the direction of Control System Specialist as part of TWRP plant wide software development team. They will work with electrical, mechanical and process teams to develop Functional Design Specification (FDS) and PLC logic diagrams. They will develop and program PLC, HMI and SCADA application. They will ensure PLC program and SCADA application tested with proper documentation and ready for site deployment
- Besides carry out the software programming works for PLC and HMI, they will also need to configure/set-up and test control system hardware’s such as I/O server, PLC, remote RIO, SCADA workstation, Local HMI panel and etc to ensure all necessary settings are configured and ready for site installations. They also need to carry out all the interfacing works with field equipment such as Motor starter or VFD which communicate with PLC via ethernet TCP/IP
- At the last stage of plant construction, they will work closely with process team, contractor and client to carry out the plant pre-commissioning, commissioning and proving to test, fine-tune and optimize the plant control logic
Here’s What You’ll Need:
To be a successful candidate, you shall possess:
- Diploma or Degree in Electrical or Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in PLC and SCADA programming of large infrastructure projects in Singapore. Experience with PUB projects would be an added advantage.
- Understanding of SCADA, PLC, control system and network architecture.
- Good technical knowledge on the functionality of electrical equipment, instrumentations and process control systems commonly utilized in water & wastewater plants
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and P&ID
- Proficiency with major PLC and SCADA platforms – experience in ABB 800xA platform will be an added advantage
- Knowledge and experience in network technologies is preferred (Ethernet, TCP/IP, Modbus, etc.)
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.
Jacobs complies with the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices (TGFEP), including the prevailing guidelines on recruitment. All qualified applicants will be considered for the position regardless of age, race, religion, language, nationality, marital status, or family responsibilities.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.