Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we push the limits of what’s possible to make the world smarter, more connected, and more sustainable. In our work, that means designing innovative solutions to sustain the quality of people’s lives across the globe. When it comes to connecting the people and places of tomorrow, the future depends on us.
Bring your curiosity, talent for multitasking, and extreme attentions to details and we’ll help you grow, pursue, and fulfill what drives you -so we can make big impacts on the world together.
The engineer would fulfill the role of Resident Engineer (Foundations) for the construction of substantial civil and structural engineering marine/maritime works in Malaysia.
”Exhibiting excellent technical skills and team leadership to drive the project toward successful completion. "
The primary responsibilities would be leading a site supervision team of 2 to 3 Jacobs and employer’s staff and providing technical oversight the foundation works by the design & build contractor. In addition to review the contractor's methods, materials and phasing of works. Lastly to examine, inspect, measure, witness and record the works whilst monitoring the progression of construction against the program and seeking that the program is achieved. The successful individual will be reporting to the Chief Resident Engineer on progress, safety and technical issues
- Building a trusted relationship with the Jacobs team and with the owner & contractor’s counterpart staff.
- Placing a strong emphasis on safe construction practices (Target Zero) and on maintaining a high quality of construction – leads by example in driving safe practices on site
- Using software and systems required for site supervision, including management and controls systems
- Monitoring the project quality control procedures and seeking improvements
- Contributing to the safety and build-ability reviews of the proposed designs
- Devising and implementing solutions to problems encountered.
The secondary responsibilities include:
- Co-ordination with an office-based team that will review the contractor’s design
- Co-ordination with owner’s management team that will administer the contract (time and money)
- Assisting the employer by providing technical information, site records and advice for the employer’s review and audit of any contractual claims raised by the contractor
- Ensuring the Jacobs supervision team members effectively identify, manage and report project risks.
- Cooperating with audits required in accordance with the contract requirements and company internal systems
Here’s What You’ll Need:
You will possess the following;
- With a Professional Engineer or Chartered Engineer status.
- Relevant degree in Civil, Structural or Marine Engineering or similar associated subject with a signifiant relevant years of experience
- In-depth knowledge and experience in construction of marine structural engineering, tall marine towers, dredging and land reclamation
- Familiarity with all areas of coastal, maritime, and wider civil engineering practice and infrastructure development
- Experience in the feasibility, planning, investigations, modelling, design, and construction of coastal engineering projects
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate most of the following skills and knowledge:
- Strong leadership skills and effective listener
- A Team player, empathy and reconciliation of client, team, and management expectations
- Cross-cultural awareness with commitment and motivation
- Personal planning and organization
- Confidence in communication and excellent presentation skills
- Highest standards of integrity/probity, Inspiring others through leading by example
- Awareness of own limitations
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximize your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits, and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture, and achieve your goals – all at a single global company. Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow, and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.