Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our Water business is currently taking part in Singapore Climate Change projects. We are seeking a Geotechnical Engineer with the following main responsibilities:
- Carry out full-time standing supervision of a Ground Investigation Works contract, which will include Land & Marine Bore Holes, Cone Penetration Tests (land and marine) and Trial Trenches located at the Kranji and Western Catchment Reservoir areas of Singapore
- Maintain appropriate documentation of site work progress, instrumentation readings, and fieldwork records/logs on a daily basis
- Monitor the performance of the works to ensure that all contract requirements are met, and that procedures are being adhered to and objectives being met.
- Constantly assess the impact of the ground investigation works on site and liaise with the Contractor to mitigate any risks to dam safety when deemed necessary
- Report to the Project Manager and/or Deputy Project Manager on daily progress and issues being encountered on site
- Coordinate with local authorities as and when necessary
- Assist in coordination between the Contractor, the owner and head office
- Attend progress meetings and safety toolbox talks as necessary
- Assist the Head Office in carrying out assigned works
Here’s What You’ll Need:
To be a successful candidate, you shall possess:
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering (Geotechnical discipline) or Engineering Geology or equivalent in an appropriate discipline
- Minimum 8 years’ post-degree relevant experience in the geotechnical discipline and investigation
- Dam and dyke investigation and design experience is preferred due to the nature of the work/project
- Knowledge of local authority requirement would be an added advantage
- The Engineer/Engineering Geologist will be subject to approval by PUB and MINDEF.
- 5.5 working days per week
- Contract duration 12 months (will extend if needed)
- Able to commence work in July/August 2021
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too –from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Jacobs complies with the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices (TGFEP), including the prevailing guidelines on recruitment. All qualified applicants will be considered for the position regardless of age, race, religion, language, nationality, marital status, or family responsibilities
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.