Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
As one of the world’s most value resources, our team is solving some of the world’s most complex water issues. Whether it’s treating, distributing or storing water, Jacobs reaches across boundaries and collaborates to successfully deliver customized innovative solutions. We provide you the means and tools to work on a wide variety of interesting and challenging projects to grow your career and help protect this valuable resource.
We are currently seeking a Resident Engineer Electrical to be part of a Water Infrastructure project extension located in East of Singapore.
- The RE Electrical will oversee all Electrical matters for the construction of the CWRP.
- Work across all CWRP contracts to monitor, support, and guide the implementation of all electrical works by the Contractors including both Contractor designed elements as well as the procurement, installation, testing and commissioning of the electrical related works. Provide guidance to the Electrical RTOs and Assistant Resident Engineers (AREs) responsible for specific CWRP contracts to maintain consistency across all the contracts and ensure that all works are following the specifications and applicable codes and regulations.
- Have an indirect supervisory role for the Electrical AREs; day to day direction of their work will be by the Project Manager while the RE Electrical will provide technical guidance and support.
- Work closely with the Mechanical and ICA REs within the project team as well as the Lead RE Electrical and other discipline leads in Jacobs, the Client and with 3rd Parties and be able to effectively communicate and coordinate with all the parties.
- Work closely with all other resident engineering teams, especially the resident ICA and Mechanical teams on all coordination matters.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
To be a successful candidate, you shall possess:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering. Recognized by PEB Singapore or they must be registered with the Joint Accreditation Committee (JAC) of the Institution of Engineers Singapore (IES) and the Association of Consulting Engineers Singapore.
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience in design and construction of large infrastructure projects in Singapore.
- Experience with PUB projects is desired.
- Experience working with BIM and 3D models would be an added advantage.
- Understanding of electrical design and of experience in the design and implementation of electrical works including site testing and commissioning of electrical system.
- Experience in generating/reviewing Design Calculations related to Electrical Equipment and Accessories
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.
Jacobs complies with the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices (TGFEP), including the prevailing guidelines on recruitment. All qualified applicants will be considered for the position regardless of age, race, religion, language, nationality, marital status, or family responsibilities.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.