What You'll Do:
You will be a part of the Repair Organization within the Customer Experience organization responsible for developing and implementing technical solutions to rework products in the field. In support of this and in close collaboration with Manufacturing you'll work to create core documentation such as project plans, test plans and procedures.
You'll develop automated test scripts. Design, procure and support the build of test fixtures and equipment for production test use. De-bug test issues and respond to production test problems by working with production test engineers, affected suppliers, Manufacturing, and Design Engineering personnel.
You'll as well maintain ECO histories for assigned products. With the above foundation laid and a deep understanding of the test and repair data / processes you'll be expected to evolve the Test strategy to improve operational efficiency, reduce cost and minimize future customer quality issues with products in the field.
Role & Responsibilities
Evaluate, diagnose, and resolve escalated technical issues in a timely manner through email and phone communication
Provide mentorship and training on products for customers and internal personnel
Who You'll Work With:
In this role, you'll interact regularly with subordinates, peers, department managers, directors, and possibly VPs both internally to Cisco as well as within our international partner network. You will interface with counterparts in planning / logistics organization and with counterparts and management staff (typically managers and directors) of other business functional teams such as manufacturing, NPIE, design engineering, quality engineering, diagnostics, and FA regarding technical issues, strategic direction, leveraging, and/or partnership.
Who You Are:
- Our minimum requirement for this role: BSEE, BSEET, BSCE or equivalent experience plus 10+ years Functional Test Development Experience. MSEE with 7+ years Test or Design experience preferred.
- You're proficient in at least one programming language (preferably C) as well as in at least one scripting language - ideally expertise in python and Bitbucket.
- You have hands-on experience with one or more of the LAN/WAN or network layer protocols and an ability to widely apply networking principles, theories and field concepts to product test.
- You are proficient with computer architecture – specifically as it applies to networking products. Extensive knowledge of manufacturing test processes and in-depth knowledge of current industry test techniques, strategies.
- Expert at test strategy and design for test guidelines. Thorough understanding of test engineering principles, methods and techniques as they apply to networking products.
- Solid understanding of LAN and WAN networking protocols and technologies, including security solutions, switching, firewalls and routing
- Experience with Linux/Unix server administration and proficiency with command-line tools
- Solid grasp of web proxy architecture and deployment
- Strong understanding of DNS, DHCP, SAML, and VPN technologies
- Comprehensive understanding of Windows/Mac technology – Active Directory (Domain, User Administration, GPO), IOS Configuration
- Familiarity with the latest System/Network security principles, techniques and protocols
- Love and passion for helping customers and delivering satisfaction even when faced with difficult circumstances
- Strong written/email and oral communication skills, including the ability to convey technical information in user-friendly language
- Ability to balance a constantly evolving work environment: remain productive during slow times, be able to multitask effectively during busy times, exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations
- Ability to prioritize and work responsibly with or without direct supervision
- A positive attitude and friendly personality
- Recommend improvements to the product and engineering groups on product related bugs and issues
- Actively participate in deploying and testing new technology and feature releases
- Document and recommend procedure changes to improve efficiency.
- Multitask efficiently
- Maintain composure in a fast-paced professional environment
- Solving problems accurately, creatively, and efficiently
- Communicate effectively
- Works well in a global team environment
- Multi-functional collaboration
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with large, multi-functional teams
- Prior experience in collaborating with both technical engineers and non-technical customers
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!