The Remote Support Specialist provides remote technical support assistance to Multi Vendor clients and technical personnel on a number of Multi Vendor related products including Laptop PC, X86 server and some basic network technologies.
Work Environment: This is a permanent full time role. Ability to work in a 24x7 remote support environment or as the business requires is preferred.
Your Role and Responsibilities :
- Handle live and electronic client calls according to procedure to achieve Client Satisfaction targets and objectives
- Utilise the computer based tools to locate the technical information required to complete a call with a client.
- Maintain technical skills through online electronic tools.
- Utilise technical skill and computer based tools/knowledge bases etc to perform remote technical support with the objective of resolving remotely or developing and action plan to resolve technical faults.
- Manage service calls including maintaining call logs, status and escalation
- On the job product training.
- IBM Class room based product training.
- IBM Online education
- Vendor Workshops (subject to approvals)