Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 200+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 26 countries spanning five continents.
A career at Equinix means you will collaborate on work that impacts the world and be surrounded by endless opportunities to learn new skills and grow in varied directions. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
The APAC Regional Security Senior Manager is one of 3 Senior Managers reporting to the Global Corporate Security Director. The primary role of this position is to integrate security into Equinix’s business operations - the successful candidate will lead and be accountable for driving the corporate security strategy across the APAC region to include the management of programs and systems for the protection of employees, company locations and brand.
Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete annual security vulnerability assessments of offices and operations within the region and provide analysis to key stakeholders - drive the implementation of security best practices across all business units within the region.
- Coordinate with Corporate Real Estate, Data Center (IBX) Physical Security and other internal teams concerning appropriate security design and operational procedures for existing/new offices and major renovations.
- Maintain a level of familiarity related to the design and administration of access control, cctv systems and stay abreast of advancing technology in the protection of assets.
- Support the development and execution of regional crisis response and business continuity planning initiatives, along with participation in regional exercises. Comfortable leading response to localized emergency incidents.
- Promote a culture of personal security awareness and acts as a trainer by delivering relevant training via in-person sessions as well as online via Zoom or other remote learning platforms.
- Assist with the administration of the company’s global travel safety & security program, and be available to immediately respond to security, medical or travel related emergencies.
- Support large client-facing external events as well as internal functional team meetings through the creation and management of robust security plans tailored to the venue and attendee profile.
- Conduct and manage a wide range of internal investigations in conjunction with other functions and law enforcement authorities. Be able to prepare well documented investigative and security assessment reports.
- Establish and maintain close relationships with senior security managers in other multi-national organizations, regulatory authorities, security professional organizations and host nation law enforcement agencies. Ongoing situational awareness, intelligence gathering and analysis expected.
- Maintain liaison with, and provide professional consultation to, local management teams.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- This position requires an individual who has a broad range of executive and managerial skills combined with subject matter expertise in corporate security.
- Must be able to exhibit excellent interpersonal and communication skills at all levels within an organization.
- Effective at the preparation of documentation for submission and/or presentation to corporate leadership or governmental agencies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a solid customer service orientation.
- Able to work independently, setting priorities and meeting targets in accordance with managerial guidelines. Someone who is comfortable both as a strategic advisor as well as a tactical response operator.
- Developed communication and presentation skills. Culturally sensitive, well-informed and politically aware. Capable of achieving and maintaining top management support for the concept of security as a business-integrated element contributing to overall corporate success.
- A minimum of 10 years’ of experience overall as a Corporate/Physical security professional obtained through work in a federal agency, military service with international deployment or a multi-national corporation, with at least 5 years working for a multi-national corporation.
- The successful candidate will ideally have a university degree with certification as a CPP, CFE or equivalent.
- This position will require domestic and international travel.
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.