Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 200+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 26 countries spanning five continents.
A career at Equinix means you will collaborate on work that impacts the world and be surrounded by endless opportunities to learn new skills and grow in varied directions. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
Job Profile Summary
A procurement professional responsible for the supply chain. They support supplier and internal communication as well as project demand scheduling.
- Engages and collaborates with business teams for regional procurement and governance
- Is an escalation point to resolve stakeholder issues within the regional team
- Educates the business on procurement processes and governance
- Recommends enhancements to the Source to Pay process and systems
Resource Management (people, finances etc.)
- Will provide management updates on supplier performance and team productivity
- Is an escalation point for the team for solving resource/budgetary issues
- Contributes and/or is responsible for resource planning (people, finances etc.) activities
- Partners intra-regionally with business leaders, and other key stakeholders to execute capital and operational purchases that deliver cost savings, reduce supplier lead times, and improve vendor performance
- Ensures appropriate supply agreements are in place and guides internal teams how to monitor adherence to the terms of the agreement
- Aligns with internal customers regarding best negotiation positions and provide stakeholders with a balanced view of contract risk and liabilities
- Directly engages suppliers at the appropriate levels to influence the best outcome for Equinix that exceeds the business requirements
- Utilizes a global perspective in the execution of procurement strategy within the region
- Develops a vendor management strategy to “right size” the supply strategy for the region
- Develops, communicates and executes against global procurement strategies and best practices for the region
- Establishes and delivers procurement goals, metrics, and work plans to meet operational objectives
- Contributes for spend category management strategies and action plans
- Monitors and maintains full industry and market knowledge of equipment, suppliers, best practices, competitive landscape, etc.
- Communicate and collaborate with all key stakeholders to ensure alignment of the overall strategy
- Communicate and implement strategy effectively throughout the relevant regional procurement teams
- Drives and delivers cost savings opportunities aligned with organizational commitments
- Develops cost savings proposals and interacts closely with suppliers, and internal customers, to achieve the cost savings
- Creates and maintains cost forecasts (reduction or increase) and cost-tracking for the region
- Leads the end-to-end supplier management process
- Builds and maintains supplier relationships and drives improvement in the areas of cost, risk, and quality
- Identify and mitigate supplier risks in the areas of financial, capacity, location, single sole source, spend, and revenue, etc.
- Educates suppliers on the mechanics of doing business with Equinix
- Identifies and resolves various supplier management problems
- Supports selection of new suppliers
- Acts as point of escalation for suppliers when needed
- Responsible for all relevant documentation execution including contract SOW signature, supplier certification including insurance & ISO documents
- Partners with Legal on the contract lifecycle
- Works with business partners to develop and agree SOW, business and commercial requirements
- Negotiates contract details with suppliers
- Manages business requirements for Order Management
- Initiates supplier creation where applicable in the Source to Pay systems
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or engineering field or equivalent practical experience
- 3 years of relevant experience in procurement management, supply chain management, category management or consulting.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to influence
- Goal and team-oriented, proactive, and willing to learn & improve
- Flexible and adaptable to a fast changing environment
- Master’s degree in a technical or engineering field or MBA
- Demonstrated experience with large-scale industrial engineering and construction programs, preferably data centers
- Experience in commodity or supply chain management, and contract management
- Experience working with Office Package, Power BI, Coupa, Anaplan, Smartsheet